Game 5 0-1
Game 6 0-4
Game 7 0-2

vs CLB Game 1 0-1
Game 2 0-5
Game 3 1-2
Game 4 1-4
Game 5 0-1

Disgusting. Leafs PP is running at a 16.8% clip over that span.

In the series they've lost including this current one that drops to 14%. Putrid.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
What happened on that one play where Robertson fed Jarnkrok a pass and he seems to have an open lane to the net and couldn't get the shot off?

Was it because it was Jarnkrok's backhand? I didn't rewatch the play but was disappointed that chance didn't amount to a puck on net

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
But that was a good close game. Anyone who is freaking out and saying "it's the same every year" is just scoreboard watching. The Leafs were the better team in game 3. They can still win this series.
The 'series is over' crowd are so boring and predictable. Acting like it's over three games in is just exhausting especially considering they probably said the same thing after Game 1, but then not after Game 2.

People also need to remember that the Leafs were down 3-1 in 2018 and came back to force Game 7, and were up 3-2 in 2019 and still lost it. The series isn't over at all, despite how much that specific subset of our fanbase wants it to be.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We played much better than gam1

Game 1 i had to go watch different highlights to see what type of chances we got that were supposed to be high danger

Game 3 I can recall several strong chances by most lines. Marners line had a nice chance after their goal as well.

Matthews line had several good looks. Same with 3rd line

Swayman played great today vs game 1 where it was another day in the office

That said we cant finish shit still. Players fail to elevate pucks in tight arlund the goalie crease consistently
...we played longer, that's for sure. Game 1 was basically over at 2-0 and completely done by the third. Our biggest pressure was when the game was over in the final period.

Reactions: hamzarocks

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't know how many times I can say the same thing but here we are.

Keefe should've been nothing more than an interim and shitcanned after the CBJ series.

The overpaid core has to go, Matthews included. Their payscale comparables all step up huge in the playoffs, yet these guys disappear and are all paid the same.

The defence has one #2, two #4s, and then an abundance of bottom pairing D. You're not going to win games when every defender is playing 1-2 spots higher in the lineup than they should be.

The goaltending is dogshit, even with the rest of the team being inept.

The team should be blown the f*** up and rebuilt properly. Take a page outta Vegas' book from their first season. Build a team that has 3-4 2nd lines, and a defence group that's essentially 6 middle pairing guys. You'll win more matchups than you lose that way, and it allows for some cap space to use when guys like Stone, Pietrangelo, Eichel, ROR, etc. become available

Reactions: fahad203 and Al14

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It wasn't a fight in the neutral zone. It was 2 players committing infractions against each other that should have caused the play to be blown dead before Boston scored.

Ignoring those infractions by both players favored Boston because they scored. That goal should have been waived off !!!
......or the goalie could have made a simple save

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Credit to Boston, they played a nearly perfect road game. They didn't give us much, and when they did they had Swayman shut the door. It's a game script that they will always have the advantage with given the tendy advantage and they executed it to near perfection.

I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of focus from our group. We had played an excellent game up until 1-0 and then completely lost focus. We can blame the refs all we want, but we deserved what we got. When you lose focus for even just a second against teams like this you will lose more often than not.

Goal 1, Sammy, I genuinely have no clue how goal 1 goes in on you. It ruined what was a good start for you. Completely unacceptable goal to give up.

Goal 2, you had the entire intermission to talk over how to tackle that 4 on 4 followed by PK, yet somehow you let Marchand walk in from the ladies tees untouched. Somehow he throws a terrible shot onto Sammy that should have been easily swallowed, and he burps it back out to Debrusk. Again, lack of focus.

Goal 3, Nice shot, but this group needs to find a way to not give up a goal immediately after tying the game.

So many good things happened with this team last night, unfortunately they are drowned out by the mistakes yet again. Its just heartbreaking to play a good game for the most part and come away with the same old result.

We need to have our best game of the year on Saturday. Need Sammy to bounce back.
Yep, Boston is a well coached team.

Reactions: fahad203

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Yes, I do think it's dumb to suggest that everyone in attendance last night was just there because it's the 'thing to do' and not because they are fans. Some people? Sure. Everyone? No. An all time dumb opinion.

nope, fans in there as well.

I didn't call them out. Bowen did.

Direct your upset with life feelings towards those who said it. (and unfortunately more give a shit about Bowen than Rob Brown (lol) from HF)

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Tough game to lose. I thought we played well 5 v 5

But our issues on special teams are biting us again in the butt.

What has changed in our PK? Last year we were pretty good....this year we are the worst of all playoff teams. I cant blame Sammy for all of it. We just dont have great personal there and as I mentioned before.....whos bright idea was it to hire those assistants?

We cant continue to miss our opportunities with the PP....great goal tending or not....have to find a way especially when you have so many skilled players.

Next game is the series....better show up ....

Hopefully Nylander can play as it seems like we need more scoring as always in playoffs

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
......or the goalie could have made a simple save
The goalie should not have had to make the save. The play should have been blown dead.

And yes, Samsonov is just NOT the goalie our Leafs can count on. The Caps knew it and let him sign elsewhere !!!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Yes, I do think it's dumb to suggest that everyone in attendance last night was just there because it's the 'thing to do' and not because they are fans. Some people? Sure. Everyone? No. An all time dumb opinion.
The place was going nuts before puck drop. Maybe the suits came in during the first commercial break and kicked everyone out?

• Haha
Reactions: theTTC and Gallagbi

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
nope, fans in there as well.

I didn't call them out. Bowen did.

Direct your upset with life feelings towards those who said it. (and unfortunately more give a shit about Bowen than Rob Brown (lol) from HF)
You didn't call them out? You literally said 'most just go because it's the thing to do.' - I would say that's calling out, lol.

I don't have 'upset with life feelings', but thanks for your concern. You're the one on the internet at 9 in the morning complaining about how the crowd wasn't good enough. That sounds much more negative and upset than me calling you out for a dumb opinion. Why don't you spend the money and go and make a positive difference on Saturday?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
There are a lot of problems with this team. We can debate them all night long.

We haven't had a legitimate number one goalie since Ed Belfour in 2004. Twenty years ago. Let that sink in.

People say this franchise is cursed. They're just managed horribly. How do you go two decades without addressing the goaltending?

Going into the playoffs with Samsonov and Woll as your options. Are we supposed to be excited about our chances this year?
Whats really telling is how good Andersen was in Anaheim and how good he's been in Carolina. He wasn't amazing in Toronto but it's clearly been the worst stop of his career.

The way this team is built, makes good goalies look bad. And then when you have an already bad goalie like Samsonov, makes them even worse

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
The goalie should not have had to make the save. The play should have been blown dead.

And yes, Samsonov is just NOT the goalie our Leafs can count on. The Caps knew it and let him sign elsewhere !!!
Of course the goalie has to make the save, that's why he's there.
You said you've coached, did you not coach your teams to play until a whistle?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Another game of scoring 2 goals or less, they desperately need Nylander/McMann back

Thank you for the legendary game 2 AM34, but you can't produce 1 in 3 games

This Powerplay BS is so tiring, every year it lets us down. Switch something up for f***s sake
It's a sad state of affairs if Matthews game 2 is what we're calling legendary

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
You didn't call them out? You literally said 'most just go because it's the thing to do.' - I would say that's calling out, lol.

I don't have 'upset with life feelings', but thanks for your concern. You're the one on the internet at 9 in the morning complaining about how the crowd wasn't good enough. That sounds much more negative and upset than me calling you out for a dumb opinion. Why don't you spend the money and go and make a positive difference on Saturday?
most do go.

I stand by that comment.

Guess Bowen, and others do as well. Just Rob Brown doesn't. Go Rob Brown!

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
imagine this team without the Tavares contract and Verhaeghe still on the roster, the cap space, and a power play 1 without Morgan Rielly. Liljegren is lucky he's right handed. Sandin should've been kept around somehow.
Sandin is softer than baby shit. He fit right in that's for sure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad