Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I enjoyed the physicality on Pasta .. some big hits laid

They were targeting him properly !!!

Then again Pasta is Marner size and ate it well... if it was in reverse we would have 20 pages crying about Broons targeting poor Mitch and not a Reavo :D

Reactions: Anthrax442

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I agree. Can't even say hello to anyone without them looking at you like you're crazy. Stay the f*** away from the city
Funerals are the only reason I’ll visit the sewer now, it’s not the city I grew up in that’s for damn sure…….

I mean, plenty of people go to things they don’t give a shit about. Especially events like these that become the talk of the city. A status thing and also to take in the spectacle.

You can easily go and not give two shits about the Leafs themselves
Roger that, most are corporate tickets, therein lies the problem………

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Leafs are 1 for 11 with the man advantage, or 9%.
Bruins are 5 for 10 with the man advantage, or 50%!!!!!

Leafs save % is 0.895%.
Bruins save % is 0.940%.

That's the series in a nutshell. There's no point in trying to decipher anything else. Special teams and the Bruins goaltending has been nearly unbeatable.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010

Leafs save % is 0.895%.
Bruins save % is 0.940%.

That's the series in a nutshell. There's no point in trying to decipher anything else. Special teams and the Bruins goaltending has been nearly unbeatable.

Oh yes every year no matter the opposition it is the other teams goaltender that magically gets super hot… orrrrr maybe the Leafs offense just sucks when things tighten up and they have to go to the net and collect garbage.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Swayman makes the same as Samsanov...

Drafting one is the easiest way to get one, outside that, buying low and hoping they rebound/develop.

Getting goalies is hard.

Is it ?

Bruins had Tim Thomas, Rask, and now Swaymen + Ullmark.

Swayman was already were promising young goalie and they still went out there and got UFA Ullmark. We went Foligno or some other bust we already suppressed from our collective memory...

I don't want to hear about how hard getting goalie is. We don't care about goalies... UFA Vezina winner? Crickets.. Getting JT to play 2 C hear? We sure as hell need to win that sweepstakes...

Leafs save % is 0.895%.
Bruins save % is 0.940%.

Nope. You are comparing Bruins scoring on their 2-1 chance vs Marner panic floaters. You are also ignoring the fact that Bruins have no issues letting us shoot meh shots from outside in 4:1 game...

Sammy sucks, Swayman is great, but that's hardly the main reason we lost.

Your post is Deserve O Hope Meter crap without the picture...

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1) special teams is sinking us
Keefe cant adapt.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have a power-play percentage of 13.8 in their last 20 games.

pathetic.

Boston's power play was bad UNTIL they met the Leaf's terrible PK.

Keefe needs to step down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aashir Mallik

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
image.jpg
Embarrassing photo, clowns at heart…….

Reactions: 3blizzard4

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Is it ?

Bruins had Tim Thomas, Rask, and now Swaymen + Ullmark.

Swayman was already were promising young goalie and they still went out there and got UFA Ullmark. We went Foligno or some other bust we already suppressed from our collective memory...

I don't want to hear about how hard getting goalie is. We don't care about goalies... UFA Vezina winner? Crickets.. Getting JT to play 2 C hear? We sure as hell need to win that sweepstakes...

Nope. You are comparing Bruins scoring on their 2-1 chance vs Marner panic floaters. You are also ignoring the fact that Bruins have no issues letting us shoot meh shots from outside in 4:1 game...

Sammy sucks, Swayman is great, but that's hardly the main reason we lost.

Your post is Deserve O Hope Meter crap without the picture...

No, but it is a large reason. Swayman was amazing. Read my post and you can see I said special teams AND goaltending.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Oh yes every year no matter the opposition it is the other teams goaltender that magically gets super hot… orrrrr maybe the Leafs offense just sucks when things tighten up and they have to go to the net and collect garbage.
This year they have done a good job at that. Yet they are still shooting it into the goalie. Unbelievable.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
No thanks, he needs to get traded at the draft.
Yup, the Leafs have to replace Lily, Brodie, Gio, Boosh, and Edmonson with younger players on reasonable contracts, I’d shop Rielly too if he’d waive……..

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I honestly feel we are the better team, but the Bruins (and almost any other playoff team) do not have the breakdowns like we do that give the opponent such easy access to, or clean looks at, our net.
That makes them the better team.

Reactions: BigGulpsEh

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t have much energy to complain about our goaltending after going 0/5 on the PP. We don’t score enough in the playoffs, same story all the time. The team was never going to have amazing goaltending. But they were the 2nd highest scoring team in the league, yet can’t score when it matters.

Insane that Nylander has not missed games for injury in like 7 years and now can’t play in the playoffs, we’re so cursed man.
Keefe’s PP

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Had some time to digest last night, here's where my heads at

Officiating - obviously had a tough night but ultimately didn't impact the game. That Frederic goal isnt a result of the missed calls and we had ample chances to offset

Goaltending - Sammy made big saves and allowed bad goals. With our construction a .910 should be enough to get to OT or win

PK - This is our biggest issue. You can handle a bad powerplay as a good ES team, but not a bad PK. Bad decisions, bad execution. Two guys on the wrong side of the puck just can't happen in a playoff game let alone 2 minutes into the period. That's not a systems issue, that's a thinking issue. The players know the PK is an issue and are playing like it.

PP - Looks awful and disjointed. We're clearly missing Willy and it's like we're waiting for him to return. I don't like Bert and JT together, it forces too many low percentage shots and takes Matthews out. Everything is running through Marner on his offside and he can't make a seam pass currently. I'd consider two balanced units similar to their ES lines (throw Jarn out on D, Maybe Robertson too)

Reactions: KaberLeaf

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
How is Edmonton able to score on the PP with their eyes closed game after game and we struggle to get a single SOG on some PPs
The special teams is a f***ing joke. Whoever is in charge of that needs to get canned
All this star power and they are f***ing trash on the powerplay
The curse of Hyman……..

Can't see Marner waiving for a non-playoff team.
It sure would remove a lot of questions about Mitch’s post season play though……..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
lots to complain about in a game that seemed winnable.
Won’t be popular but Matthews needs to show up more than once every 3 games.
He was noticeable, but had the puck bouncing over stick on that terrible ice. Especially in the 2 nd period.
He can at least compete in these games and gets A- grade after the first three games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad