Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
7 game series margin of error is very small.

Leafs have to win 3 out of 4 remaining games to win the series.

I do like what Tre had to say on the TDL though. The "answers" have to come from within the locker room. So lets see if that happens....

Marner isn't being paid 11AAV to skate around like a moron. If he wanted to produce like this in the post season then he should have taken less so Leafs could have added more offensive depth to help the team score
What's this obsession with Marner all about?
He had a couple of bad games and a good one so far this series...he could have had 3 or 4 points tonight easy and is recently coming off missing 10+ games with high ankle sprain, now has to carry the corpse of Tavares... all the while facing Boston's best player shift after shift... anyone who talks $hit about Marner (Selke level home grown star) has very little respect from me when it comes to Leafs or hockey opinions...

Guess what... Elias Pettersson has struggled the first 2 games of the playoffs so far... should the Canucks trade him too??? Lmfao

Marner = 2nd best Leaf of all time who bleeds blue and white each and every night... if you hate Marner you hate the Leafs... might as well post up at the Bruins boards rather than comment here as far as I'm concerned, cheers 🍻

Last edited:

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Liljegren lost the board battle but Edmunson turned the puck over that got the pass to Marchand FWIW
Liljegren didn't even lose the battle, he had Frederic's stick stuck under his arm and held onto it while falling over, taking both out of the play and leaving the puck free for someone else to pick up. Which Matthews did, but then as he got taken into the boards by Heinen, Edmundson shows up and plays the puck off Matthews' skate. Then Edmundson gives Heinen a weak push from behind and loses body and puck as Heinen skates away and passes it to a wide open Marchand.

It's a total failure of basic defense, you're never supposed to have three guys below the goal line in your own end let alone both D. I don't even particularly like Liljegren - he got walked by JVR, FFS - but 6'3 Matthews and 6'5 Edmundson double teaming 6'1 Heinen and letting him skate away with the puck is pathetic. Edmundson and Liljegren have been trash both individually and together and could easily sit for Timmins and one of Brodie/Giordano if the latter two hadn't also been so awful this season.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
How many humiliations on home ice every spring need to happen before something finally changes?

They played the entire Columbus series in Toronto and lost. That was followed up by losing against Montreal, Tampa, and Florida on home ice. Under Sheldon Keefe the Leafs record at SBA in the playoffs is now 5-13.

I'm sure everyone had a good time though.

The final score doesn't matter. The E in ML$E stands for entertainment. Winning isn't even mentioned in the corporate motto.

It's a secondary consideration at best to this team.

The fans deserve better. All that money spent on expensive tickets. Only to witness yet another humiliation.

Add one more embarrassment to the pile of embarrassing failures on home ice at the end of the year this group has had.

Asdetran

Jan 24, 2016
He had a couple of bad games and a good one so far this series...he could have had 3 or 4 points tonight easy and is recently coming off missing 10+ games with high ankle sprain, now has to carry the corpse of Tavares... all the while facing Boston's best player shift after shift... anyone who talks $hit about Marner (Selke level home grown star) has very little respect from me when it comes to Leafs or hockey opinions...

Guess what... Elias Pettersson has struggled the first 2 games of the playoffs so far... should the Canucks trade him too??? Lmfao

Marner = 2nd best Leaf of all time who bleeds blue and white each and every night... if you hate Marner you hate the Leafs... might as well post up at the Bruins boards rather than comment here as far as I'm concerned, cheer

Marner = 2nd best Leaf of all time who bleeds blue and white each and every night... if you hate Marner you hate the Leafs... might as well post up at the Bruins boards rather than comment here as far as I'm concerned, cheers 🍻
Marner is that you?

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Dating back to last years Florida’s series, the leafs last 8 gp in the playoffs, they have scored more then 2 goals in a game once. Game 2 vs Boston this year with 3….

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
It's still the same shit every year. It's actually pathetic how bad this group is at home during the playoffs. Shouldn't even bother playing at home anymore.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
This series boils down to one thing
GOALTENDING
Every year we make the playoffs but we have the worst goalie in the most important position
Reimer
Andersen
Campbell
Mrazek
Samsonov
Not one of those goalies can steal you a game and could never steal you a series

Swayman is the difference

Reactions: FerrisRox

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Our PP has really been letting us down in the playoffs.
Last two series they are 3 for 22.
I think over the last 4 series it's 13 for 70.
How can a team with the best goal scorer and two other 100 point talents get shutdown like this?

Lots of mistakes this game and brutal first goal by Sammy but our PP was very bad.

I thought about this.

The only answer I have is that Keefe is either throwing the games via special teams and is line mashing, or he and his staff are incompetent. Dubas level incompetent.

Outside of that the tending isn't helping us. That game was winnable and if we played FL we are down 3-0 right now.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
This series boils down to one thing
GOALTENDING
Every year we make the playoffs but we have the worst goalie in the most important position
Reimer
Andersen
Campbell
Mrazek
Samsonov
Not one of those goalies can steal you a game and could never steal you a series

Swayman is the difference

Yes tending but this is worse. That game was ours if special teams could do something right.

The great gazoo appeared to me in a dream and told me... Its the coaching dumdum

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Samsonov lost the game for the leafs when he allowed that first goal. Pathetic.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I’m sure there is praise for Dubas in there somewhere but skill hasn’t made the difference for this team over the last 8 years
reading the opinions of that guy always makes me feel sorry for him, doesn’t have a clue……..

Reactions: Racer88

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Yea that too

having two net front guys means the movement is mostly on the perimeter with matthews, rielly, and the accursed one swapping spots

whatever it is, keefe has to do something. This series is being lost currently on special teams, boston is eating us alive on the pp for the 3rd time in the past decade and we are doing diddly squat on the pp

:(
I’m no coach but 0 for 5 on the pp and 2 goals allowed on the PK is not getting it done.

To continually roll without so,e kind of a different look is not going to work.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I think Nylander will be back in on Saturday. I'd try Woll but it'll be Sammy again. I don't think there is going to be many line changes.

Swayman will most likely stay in net. They need to find a way on Saturday to really pick him a part and leave Boston wondering who to play in net.

Just tie it up on Saturday and go from there.

Go Leafs Go

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
Gave this one away.

Blown powerplay opportunities and questionable goaltending. And, of course, it's Brad Marchand with the dagger to the heart, in our own barn. Couldn't script it any better.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Our PP and goaltending cost us this game. Refs were ass but you expect that. This one is all on us and we absolutely should have won it.

Bruins have a solid team, but they have glaring holes, like Coyle - solid 4th line C (overpaid as f*ck ! Seriously, I b*tch about some of our contracts, this one trumps most... but he is big body and plays like it in playoffs..)

While they have a great team from the character standpoint, they still lost Chara, Bergeron and Krejci. You know this new iteration got rattled after splitting at home.

In conclusion, hell yeah, we should bank on that. You don't want to give Swayman confidence or wait for Pasta to get hot...

We had them down, they played a meh game and we still failed to find that killer instinct.

The pressure Bruins would feel being 1:2 playing away would multiply.

Also, f*ck Keefe. You bench morons regardless of cap hit in playoffs. It's a short tournament, play who's hot and as a team, try finishing your opponent when their down. Why is that such a hard concept to swallow?

We'll win because of Mitch Marner or we don't win at all? Why?

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Leafs pay premium AAV for offense to just 4 forwards. Next season it will be 11+ AAV for 4 forwards

And here is teh record:

Goaltending is definitely something that should be addressed but so is offensive production, defense and team structure/balance

forward heavy cap allocation has done nothing but be an absolute knife in the back of the Leafs. And it starts with ShanaCON

This team is as good as they ll ever be

unfortunatley for marner,his mental health wont last 8 more years in toronto
fact is ,the leafs power play and penalty killing suck .
last i checked MM is a huge part of both
but the leafs need better goaltending and a world class defenseman ,we had marner miss 10 games ,made the playoffs
lose mathews 10 games and we are likley a lottery team
packers trades AARON ROGERS ,still made the playoffs
dubas painted this masterpeice ,lets hope the new CEO can figure out the best place for it be presented

Willy Styles injured report leaked. It turns out that he have "bad hair" and he's still day-to-day.
this is horrible .rumors and inuendos ,just be honest ,the young man and the public deserve better
lets hope the new CEO addreses this fiasco

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe he got into some kinky stuff and already did and that was the problem? Sounds as feasible as all the other nonsense on here.

He'll obviously play when he can. We need him, but I do worry people are going to be expecting too much.
IF he makes a return the Bruins are going to be all over him like white on rice, he won’t last a period before being pulled imo……..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad