Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't remember what had happened, maybe a goal, and the camera panned the crowd and there were 10 maybe 12 suits sitting there like corpses while the rest of the crowd was going bonkers. Fckn losers. Corporate tix for some arseholes who don't give a f*** about hockey let alone the Leafs. Money in the bank though.
Why would someone go to the game if they didn’t give a shit about it?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
When we’re built on offensive stars you would think PP is the strength and scoring goals atleast 3 per game they could pull off but our players can’t fight through the toughness of the playoffs

If your core is built on skill and gets shutdown 5v5, that sucks but it's at least a little understandable going against good goaltenders and quality defensive teams but they shouldn't be getting shutdown this badly when up a man.

Everything feels too predictable. The same zone entries, the same puck movement, lack of a shot threat from Marner or Rielly.

Reactions: glue

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Leafs PP is very predictable and a f***ing JOKE

At present the ONLY SHOT on the PP is Matthews everybody is a "passer".

Example: Tampa
everybody makes plays and takes a shot keeps the goalie honest -> Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Hedman
Well Tavares is so slow he shouldn’t leave the front of the net

Bertuzzi is most effective there

Rielly can’t really shoot, but we have no other options. Liljegren sucks, and no Timmins isn’t a solution either he will turn that puck over too many times

That leaves Mitch the bitch, the point man who is cursed in a wingers position. Dude either skates so close to Matthews forcing him down to the half wall that he has to look elsewhere and then just shoot a 40 feet wrister…or he’s shying away from a board battle hoping JT wins it.

If nylander plays swap those two, if not I’d put Robertson or domi even. Marner the “engine” is killing us

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Well even that would be the coaches fault, you shouldn’t draft up a plan the players aren’t capable of executing. Reminds me of a team golf tournament I was in. My partner says just hit a slice over the pines that were 60 feet high and almost 200 yards away. Sure thing says I. Lmao!
...it's a routine breakout and a weak side wrister that beat us. Lilly makes that play 99% of the time. Sammy makes the save on Frederic 99% of the time, it's the shot your D are trying to create.

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
Scott might have been this level... he was probably our most promising goalie by a fair bit... his numbers were pretty crazy.
Your speaking about MIGHT have ? While swayman is single handed destroying leafs. No comparisons. Might have is leafs problem. That is like saying we might have drafted swayman if smarter.

The truth is this team can barely win a playoff game with samsonov. Let alone rounds and cup. It’s impossible with a goalie like Samsonov. He is rotten to the core. It’s been shown time and time again. How and why he still here is shocking.

Remember this is same team same leaf nation that wanted nothing to do with Anderson over a single bad goal. Yet here we are with samsnonov wondering. So shocking

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
If you're core is built on skill and gets shutdown 5v5, that sucks but it's at least a little understandable going against good goaltenders and quality defensive teams but they shouldn't be getting shutdown this badly when up a man.

Everything feels too predictable. The same zone entries, the same puck movement, lack of a shot threat from Marner or Rielly.
Funny to see the difference early in the year to now. Early we were very quick, almost frantic to make plays towards the net. Now it's so passive and stationary

Reactions: Confucius and weems

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Special teams killed us.

Aside from that, Samsonov needs to be better.
Leafs had everything going for them. It's a backbreaking goal. It just simply can't go in.

That being said, you need to pick Sammy up and score on one of the PP's you had afterwards.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't know what he could have done on the Marchand goal. Top shelf. Pretty good shot. Maybe cut down the angle better

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How do you not score on 5 f***ing power plays. Pathetic. PUT DOMI ON PP 1. Marner is ass

IMHO you can't have halfass slow morons on PP

PP1 unit should be: (when healthy)

Domi-Matthews-Bert-Nylander-HailMary (Rielly/Lily)

Domi/Matthews/Nylander can all hustle and win the board battles. Marner doesn't engage in board battle or puck recovery; Tavares is too freakin slow.

Just look at other teams hound the puck on PP specially near the boards and tire out PK

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why is he on the ice when everybody that has a clue about hockey knows that a major push back shift is coming from the Bruins?

Liljegren is an okay vanilla defenseman with skill and skating and some untapped potential but short on courage and composure. Boston sees him as a weak link and they feast when he’s out there. I think some people really want to see something in him. But I think he’s just okay with the potential to be a liability at times.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It’s not thousands to sit up top.
Lol if you are going as a pair or as a family you are going to drop close to that still. Regardless it's semantics, people pay a lot to be there and they can never deliver at home, and Bowen has the audacity to call them out.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Who would you like as Tre’s replacement?

1714012327018.png

Reactions: bax and Bomber0104

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Why would someone go to the game if they didn’t give a shit about it?

I mean, plenty of people go to things they don’t give a shit about. Especially events like these that become the talk of the city. A status thing and also to take in the spectacle.

You can easily go and not give two shits about the Leafs themselves

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I love Bonesy, but as a pleb fan watching at home tonight the loudest the crowd got was when Bertuzzi made it 2-2, and while the crowd was roaring Boston went up the ice and Marchand scored on the Matthews Domi Bertuzzi line. So I dunno.
I tend to believe what he is saying considering he has been at every home playoff game for what seems like forever.

Listening to Dreger talking about how bananas the Winnipeg crowd has been does make me a little jealous

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad