Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
It’s quite simple. When you can’t kill penalties and can’t score on the power play, you lose in the playoffs.

On full display games 1 and 3.

When we’re built on offensive stars you would think PP is the strength and scoring goals atleast 3 per game they could pull off but our players can’t fight through the toughness of the playoffs

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Scott might have been this level... he was probably our most promising goalie by a fair bit... his numbers were pretty crazy.

Far more likely he wouldn’t be at Swayman’s level. He had good WHL stats but so did Justin Pogge.

Swayman himself said that he was sure the Leafs were going to take him. Unfortunate to see Boston end up with him while we get the dud again like Pogge/Rask

Reactions: Maxmann

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Well even that would be the coaches fault, you shouldn’t draft up a plan the players aren’t capable of executing. Reminds me of a team golf tournament I was in. My partner says just hit a slice over the pines that were 60 feet high and almost 200 yards away. Sure thing says I. Lmao!
So the plan the players executed that got them to be the second highest scoring team in the league is the problem? I see.

Coach more than likely goes, but if the core is not changed it will not matter.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
why would you ask me if I was there, Bowen was? I posted the tweet, why are you asking stupid questions, does it matter if I was, Bowen was... im not mad, just perplexed at your odd question? which makes no sense of course
It’s not odd, just gets tiring hearing people whine about the atmosphere. Pay the money and be part of the solution.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
It’s not odd, just gets tiring hearing people whine about the atmosphere. Pay the money and be part of the solution.
lol yea that falls on me wtf? when did I wine I posted a tweet from Bowen, and you call me out? lol, buzz off what a stupid take

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So the plan the players executed that got them to be the second highest scoring team in the league is the problem? I see.

Coach more than likely goes, but if the core is not changed it will not matter.
The core who were the 2nd highest scoring team in the league needs changing? Yeah we both can play that card. Lol

Reactions: aingefan

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
When we’re built on offensive stars you would think PP is the strength and scoring goals atleast 3 per game they could pull off but our players can’t fight through the toughness of the playoffs

Our PP1 unit is practically half the teams cap space and these bums can’t buy a goal.

I’m curious what the cap hit of other PP1 units are. I would think Colorado’s is gotta be up there with Makar, MacKinnon and Rantanen

Reactions: glue

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
I don't remember what had happened, maybe a goal, and the camera panned the crowd and there were 10 maybe 12 suits sitting there like corpses while the rest of the crowd was going bonkers. Fckn losers. Corporate tix for some arseholes who don't give a f*** about hockey let alone the Leafs. Money in the bank though.
I wish it weren't true but it is.

Golden f***ing goose.

Reactions: wingman75

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Who would you like as Tre’s replacement?
I like the makeup of the team so far under Tre.

I liked the team Dubas put together for the playoffs last year too.

I would like to see Tre have a full offseason after watching this team in the playoffs to see what he thinks they need to do.

Reactions: aingefan

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Liljigren gave the puck away behind the net (again) with even the smallest whiff of pressure and that led to the goal.

He's been the direct result of far too many gaffes and has had no redeeming plays these playoffs.

There is no way I would want him back in Toronto.

I'd bench him going forward and just let him walk or trade him.

f*** that shit.

The rest of the team is throwing the body around like it's Wrestlemania, and this jackass is scared of his own shadow.
Why is he on the ice when everybody that has a clue about hockey knows that a major push back shift is coming from the Bruins?

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
They lost because of the PP. Even Samsonov with with his weak goal and the brain fart after Bertuzzi tied don't matter as much. 0/5 on the PP killed them.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Eyes always on the wrong thing with our coach, talking about Marchand ability to draw pens, talk about the inability to create and execute a power play.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Our PP has really been letting us down in the playoffs.
Last two series they are 3 for 22.
I think over the last 4 series it's 13 for 70.
How can a team with the best goal scorer and two other 100 point talents get shutdown like this?

Lots of mistakes this game and brutal first goal by Sammy but our PP was very bad.

Leafs PP is very predictable and a f***ing JOKE

At present the ONLY SHOT on the PP is Matthews everybody is a "passer".

Example: Tampa
everybody makes plays and takes a shot keeps the goalie honest -> Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Hedman

Leafs also don't have a point shot. Tre tried to address it with Klingberg but that gamble failed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad