Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Tough to draft one when we keep trading away our picks. And drafting one is usually not immediate help, which we need every year because you know every year is our year and we have to go for it.

We have 3 goalies developing well and Woll... it's hard to draft one in general.

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
Jets fan in peace. Love the battle from your team but it seems glaring marner shouldn’t be on PP1. Way too many issues handling the puck, too soft on the boards and doesn’t make great split-second decisions. Incredibly skilled but my observation on what is killing any possession momentum on the PP. Good luck rest of the series and cheering for your boys

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
if nylander is back game 4 i'd honestly take marner off the pp for him

marner likes to spend way to much f***ing time walking the point and then putting himself in the position to shoot a 40 foot wrister

he also can't shoot when the playoffs come

Reactions: PromisedLand

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
yea you need a save it really comes down to that, that was a back breaker on the first one, that has no business going in

You also need to score. You gonna face good goalies in the playoffs. It's never on the 40M forwards with some of you guys. It's always on the goalie. This team is built to score, and make the goaltending a non-factor.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
f*** man...

If it tskes another 3 years for retool to be done your talkong about 29ish Matthews and 30isb Nylander

Will be super tough to win then as they get older and begin to decline and have injuries become more frequent

There is absolutely no way Leafs are gonna be able to comepete next season IMO given the way the "high AAV" players perform in the playoffs. They apparently need help; they can't get their line mates going; they need someone to get them going while making ridiculous AAV

and since all core4 cap hits (including matthews and nylander raises) are gonna count against the cap next season its almost next to impossible to compete next year. Four forwards with 11AAV+ next season... how does one even expect to have balanced line up? And the core4 offense doesn't show up in the post season at least based on the evidence we have especially in elimination games

The only way out of it is the core4 make their line-mates better driving their own lines; which given past evidence doesn't seem likely....

Leafs have to at least wait out the Tavares contract.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Leafs certainly do need him, but if the rest of the team can't score then he's not going to be enough. I just don't get why the Leafs offensive is so dry in the playoffs with all those talented players.
Because space closes up and the Leafs stupid puck possession at all costs perimeter game doesn't work. I knew they were going to lose tonight as soon as they didn't score in the first period and couldn't break the Bruins close checking game.

Same thing that happens every playoffs. As certain as Marner's Jr. Hockey perimeter curlback game not working either.

sunstersun

May 12, 2017
if nylander is back game 4 i'd honestly take marner off the pp for him

marner likes to spend way to much f***ing time walking the point and then putting himself in the position to shoot a 40 foot wrister

he also can't shoot when the playoffs come
Wait he can shoot in the regular season?

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Not all on Sammy, but...

That first goal was absolutely hideous.
The second goal, he can't catch a puck in his glove.
The third goal was a nice shot and he had no stick; give him a slight pass on that.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Too many players on this team just don't seem to care. No heart, no desire, no intensity.

I've seen peewee teams execute better than the Leafs.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
How can Woll be worse than Samsonov?

Leafs D is blocking everything. Put Woll in. Samsonov get's exposed every PK because he can't control a rebound and the Leafs have less skaters.

Reactions: luiginb

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You also need to score. You gonna face good goalies in the playoffs.
You neeed 1 save full stop samsonov has to have 1 of the 3 saveable shots, but you also need to score more than 2 f***ing goals

it's like the core 4 philosophy is only relevant in the regular season. Matthews had a dominant game 2, marner comes out with limp dick play...makes a nice pass......returns to point hockey

one day I'm gonna spend it timing how much time marner spends at our blueline it

Reactions: AvroArrow

OddyOh

Really, Healy?
Aug 18, 2010
Regina, SK
I hate the Bruins so much. They can tackle Matthews and Marchand can instigate whenever he wants and never get called for it. Refs had a big impact on the game tonight and it's sad to see.
Leafs go up a goal = Boston has immunity to clutch and grab like it's 1997. Same shit every year. Imagine thinking NHL hockey is a quality product.

Our power play is horrific though, why don't our world class coaches try some different players or strats? Florida stands in one place and snaps it around like lightning (around the Lightning!)...Leafs subscribe to Everyone Skating Everywhere All At Once, but can't make crisp passes. Garbage.

Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad