Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

mogs

Jan 11, 2007
Jasper AB
Lil may just not have what it takes upstairs. Good thing is we can put in Brodie.
As bad as he was most of the season he really needs to be in next game. If Lily shot left he would have been in the press box all series. Or traded at the deadline. He's got one thing going for him and it's not enough.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Really wish we had Klingberg at least he would bring something to the PP and has a bomb.

Reactions: ruaware41

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs shot themselves in the foot at least 3 times to lose that one. Losses also happen when you have zero star power difference making and some inconsistent goaltending while locked in a low scoring duel.

Reactions: torontoblood

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
He cost goal #3 the GWG

Way to soft, bad IQ and turnover prone with no offense

He is game 7 Gardiner every night with no special skating or passing skills
He was tied up on the GWG. Don't know how you blame it on him but OK.

You don't believe he's good, but I think he's been playing fine. Don't think a guy like Brodie would be any better.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Can someone explain what the issue is with Keefe? Seen 10 posts saying it is all his fault and not a single person has given a good reason why it is.

Thought the biggest difference was goaltending...
yea you need a save it really comes down to that, that was a back breaker on the first one, that has no business going in

Reactions: notbias

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Swayman makes the same as Samsanov...

Drafting one is the easiest way to get one, outside that, buying low and hoping they rebound/develop.

Getting goalies is hard.
Tough to draft one when we keep trading away our picks. And drafting one is usually not immediate help, which we need every year because you know every year is our year and we have to go for it.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
When you watch other playoff games, nobody really loses games in crushing ways like us.

There is a certain...feel to a leafs loss that stings you. When I watch colorado/jets it just looks like great hockey where one team played better

When we lose its usually something glaring. Whether it's the yips, a mistake, the refs, bad offense, bad defense, bad goaltending there's something very bitter in our losses that feels unique.

I feel myself exiting anger and entering into acceptance lol

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Might be better starting Klingberg @ 0% health than watching Liljegren masquerade as a top 4 2-way D.

Whatever. Shake it off and onto game 4. Gonna be tough for Boston to close. Pasta took another beating tonight. He was invisible in the 2nd half

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Really wish we had Klingberg at least he would bring something to the PP and has a bomb.

That “spacing” problem has reared its ugly head on special teams. They all just seem so bunched up and in terrible body positioning to make anything happen.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I also still say Domi's play was a rally cry for the Bruins team because they were basically doa up until that point in the game...

I know hockey players aren't too bright but that was an especially dumb move by Domi.. even by Domi standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00