Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So Boston, our likely first round opponent, takes one extra longe range shot every 8 games.
I fail to see the big issue.

So basically, unless game seven goes into a triple overtime situation, it wouldn't be a factor in the series at all.

I would have to agree, not sure I see the issue.

horner

May 22, 2007
Going to watch the Edmonton vs Boston tonight .
Should be interesting considering how our big 3 could push through there D

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
No Bergeron, no Krejci, no Chara...doesn't matter. Bruins are our daddies.
Just you wait until that Pasta and Marchand retire, we'll team em a lesson.

FtTylYRWYAI46SG.jpg

horner

May 22, 2007
Zacha traded for Kevin Haula
Geekie they signed when Vegas didn't qualify

They are a smart organization

By the way Lindholm didn't play last night there 2nd best dman

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I cannot believe Tavares is still talking about learning lessons...at a point you're either ignoring the learnings or you're plain stupid.

He is just tone deaf like the rest of the core group. They have no idea that people are sick of hearing their lame excuses and justification

They just ran out of things to say.
Like I said in another thread. Giving them 500k-1mil is fine as they had never been close to the Cup and a better supporting player won’t do much if they don’t produce themselves. If they continue to fail in the first round, we should not be piss about their contract rather be piss about MGt betting on the wrong players.
You look at Bruins lineup and even Vegas with Eichel and Stone out. Leafs is a more talented team on paper. Whether the top guys show up or not is the question.
I will chalk last night as another blip but they better show up the next two games or Tre will be busy Friday selling off Bert, Domi, TJ, Boosh, Sammy and even Kampf.

Reactions: Racer88

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
They just ran out of things to say.
Like I said in another thread. Giving them 500k-1mil is fine as they had never been close to the Cup and a better supporting player won’t do much if they don’t produce themselves. If they continue to fail in the first round, we should not be piss about their contract rather be piss about MGt betting on the wrong players.
You look at Bruins lineup and even Vegas with Eichel and Stone out. Leafs is a more talented team on paper. Whether the top guys show up or not is the question.
I will chalk last night as another blip but they better show up the next two games or Tre will be busy Friday selling off Bert, Domi, TJ, Boosh, Sammy and even Kampf.
They won’t be selling, that’s just ridiculous

Reactions: BallardEra

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
So basically, unless game seven goes into a triple overtime situation, it wouldn't be a factor in the series at all.

I would have to agree, not sure I see the issue.
Boston is just a team with great culture...but they are old. However, they still give us fits, despite our team being generally in their prime.

The team's to worry about are shooting much more from the point than both the Leafs and Boston.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Boston is just a team with great culture...but they are old. However, they still give us fits, despite our team being generally in their prime.

The team's to worry about are shooting much more from the point than both the Leafs and Boston.

I think you're really over simplifying things. The Leafs don't really have any big shooters on their blue line and they do have some high-end offensive talent up front.

While I can agree, in principle, it's nice to have options and it's nice to be a threat from the point, it seems kind of counter intuitive to feed the puck to the point if you don't have the players back there that can made a difference. Wouldn't you rather run the offence through the players that are most likely to help it succeed?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I think you're really over simplifying things. The Leafs don't really have any big shooters on their blue line and they do have some high-end offensive talent up front.

While I can agree, in principle, it's nice to have options and it's nice to be a threat from the point, it seems kind of counter intuitive to feed the puck to the point if you don't have the players back there that can made a difference. Wouldn't you rather run the offence through the players that are most likely to help it succeed?
....all Marners goals in the postseason are generally from point shots and the goalie heavily screened by his teammates. His shots aren't big... they can be wrist shots. If Marner can score from point shots anyone can. Problem is...getting everyone, especially Marner, to buy into standing in front of the goalie. Might be hard though because it's a very physical area of the game.

Sep 18, 2009
I cannot believe Tavares is still talking about learning lessons...at a point you're either ignoring the learnings or you're plain stupid.
you can't make a peanut butter and jam sandwich with soft ass butter
No Bergeron, no Krejci, no Chara...doesn't matter. Bruins are our daddies.
Just you wait until that Pasta and Marchand retire, we'll team em a lesson.

View attachment 829976
you can't make a peanut butter and jam sandwich with soft ass butter

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
3.23 and .885
2.83 and .914

Who do you say is the teams best goalie today? Cause it’s not sammy

The Leaf also did the same thing in between the other two doing it
when the Leafs did it it was a completely different team. The Bruins did it just last year and Tampa has very mush the same roster.

The Bruins tonight blew the lead with one minute left and then lost in OT for the 15th time. Just 5 OT wins. Only this fan base makes them out the be amazing.

3.23 and .885
2.83 and .914

Who do you say is the teams best goalie today? Cause it’s not sammy
since Sammy had his break, hes been a .915 and 2.19 goalie. He beat Vegas, Colorado, and the Rangers on a 9-1 streak.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
You must be new to Leafs nation. Because it’s happened in the playoffs every year with this core since their inception. Lol
and did Tampa not choke up 3-1 on CBJ?
and did the Bruins not choke last year up 3-1 on FLA?

Bruins tonight blew a lead with one minute left. Lost in OT for the 15th time. Bruins have just 5 OT wins this season. THEY ARE ANYTHING but clutch, amazing, a jaugernaut, etc etc.

only this fanbase makes them sound better than they are cause Leafs Nation lacks confidence in themselves and the team. Might as go watch some other team or sport.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
and did Tampa not choke up 3-1 on CBJ?
and did the Bruins not choke last year up 3-1 on FLA?

Bruins tonight blew a lead with one minute left. Lost in OT for the 15th time. Bruins have just 5 OT wins this season. THEY ARE ANYTHING but clutch, amazing, a jaugernaut, etc etc.

only this fanbase makes them sound better than they are cause Leafs Nation lacks confidence in themselves and the team. Might as go watch some other team or sport.
The Bruins and Tampa have more than earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to having 1 bad year in the playoffs. Especially Tampa, who have won twice as many CUPS as the Leafs have won PLAYOFF ROUNDS in the last 5 years.

When the Leafs win a cup they can blow as many 3-1 series leads as they want to for the next decade.

I take it you’re satisfied with 1st and 2nd round exits every year??

Reactions: egd27

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
watched it a day late, the less said about it the better but, the momentum-killing first period PP was nailed on after that ref blew a scoring chance dead after a deflection on a pass that still ended up on Matthews' stick in the high slot. the broadcast assumed it was a penalty against the Leafs.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I like their model , fit the mold or out you go. The draft pedigree has no bearing on whether they hold on to them . Not like the leafs.
Boston high draft positions out
Thornton #1
Seguin #2
Kessel #5
Hamilton #7
Samsonov #8
That's Balls!

Torey Krug

Not a high draft pick, but highly coveted at the time of departure.

He had set plays with Pasta they used repeatedly - like this one:

Asked for too much money, the difference wasn't even that big, yet it was a matter of principle. They gave him their best offer and would not budge.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So you decided based off of ONE game, where they admittedly weren't great but it's ONE game that they will be out in 5?

Would you be saying the same thing they played the exact same way last night but instead of having 5 pucks hit the post and bounce out they bounce in? Or the puck that sat on the line goes in?

Because That's what last night was, it was a few bounces that didn't go their way, they could play that EXACT same game on Thursday but this time those pucks hit the post and go in and the result is different.

They are 9-2 in their last 11, I'm not panicing like you because they hit a few posts last night.
I just don't see that D core holding up to either a Bruins or cats forecheck .. i am hoping we fall below Tampa and play in Metro division .. but we have too much scoring for that to happen .. i hte to say this as i love Lily and his development but this season he needs to sit for playoffs in a matchup against Bruins or Cats .. and Gio can't do it anymore for a whole series .. so we need Tre to get us at minimum 1 more big tough physical D man to play with Brodie on 3rd pair .. lets hope he can do it .. trust our forwards won't score again in playoffs and it will come down to D and G to who wins da Atlantic .. right now i like Cats and Bruins D and G over ours .. but always hope for da best .. glg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad