Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-1 To VGK

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I love Marner, but this is ridiculous..no player should be playing regularly over 20 mins a game, how impactful can they really be!!!

This is NOT how you build a TEAM!!! How do the 3rd line and 4th line guys feel watching 1 player go 26 mins, don't tell me this is how you build a cup contender, on the contrary.

Look at the recent cup winners and how they spread the mins.
Didn’t Keefe say he wanted to play the stars less this year? This just shows we have no depth, it’s ridiculous how much Mitch plays. Engvall played less than 12, Jarnkrok 12, that’s your third line?

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Last year when McD and Co. were building a large lead in goals over Auston… some were talking about him defending the Rocket was done.

Auston will be in the hunt again this season… we’re going on a run when him and Mitch heat up.

Reactions: authentic

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Why thank you 🤜

But you left out the part where I'm saying Dubas built team in 2026 will still suck too. There's not a single impact prospect in sight, only 1 or 2 top 6 complimentary players. Gotta hope core guys age well. I want to trade most of his prospects to win now while the best players are in their prime.

So no confusion again I am not saying core guys will suck when they're 30 but they will suck more when compared to themselves at 25-28
Agreed. Even Knies is all hype right now and not even guaranteed to be a top 6 complimentary, so won't even dive into impact prospect. One step at a time for that guy. I'll be happy for above average third liner right now.

I clean out the whole current farm for the nail in coffin moves while the best core we will ever see in our lifetime are in their prime, especially if we can land young guys in return by bundling stuff together.

Reactions: egd27

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Agreed. Even Knies is all hype right now and not even guaranteed to be a top 6 complimentary, so won't even dive into impact prospect. One step at a time for that guy. I'll be happy for above average third liner right now.

I clean out the whole current farm for the nail in coffin moves while the best core we will ever see in our lifetime are in their prime, especially if we can land young guys in return by bundling stuff together.

I think Knies s a top end prospect, he reminds me a lot of Matt Boldy in Minnesota. The others you can argue aren't, but honestly Ty Voit also looks really good. I think he's a lot better than people think.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Really, you could have just said “Totally Pathetic”. That would have been accurate on its own.
accurate yes but not as significant unles you take into account the structure of the team. This team was built to out score the opponents

Last edited:
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Didn’t Keefe say he wanted to play the stars less this year? This just shows we have no depth, it’s ridiculous how much Mitch plays. Engvall played less than 12, Jarnkrok 12, that’s your third line?
This is how the JT contract will keep the cup window closed for this team. He looks great so far this season. But his 11 million could be used in other areas. Nylander should have been given the opportunity to develop at C.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Boston does not meet expectations they fire their coach (Best poitns %l).
Las Vegas does not meet expectations they fire their coach (10th for points %).

Toronto does not meet expectations, they double down on the same coach. 18th in points % against 5 teams who didn't make the playoffs and 2 that did. It's not that we are only 7 games in, its that we don't see any signs of life 7 games in.

Next 2 games vs SJS and Ana, we need to come out of those two games with 3 points any thing else should result in a coaching change. This team is clearly tuning out Keefe.

Reactions: Blowfish and Al14

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
This is how the JT contract will keep the cup window closed for this team. He looks great so far this season. But his 11 million could be used in other areas. Nylander should have been given the opportunity to develop at C.

They’ve tried, Nylander is not a Center at the NHL level. He’s way better at wing

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
We seriously lack depth. That 3rd line is soft as butter and on top of that there are no finishing skills what so ever

Jason Spezza was slow as snail, but you can always count on him to make plays and contribute. Losing Mikayev as well is hurting us.

We used to be known for our speed. But we don't have that anymore
We used to known for scoring goals, we don't have that anymore

We have essentially become a very average team

I missed the 3rd period. What happened?
Looked originally like he got a Slapshot to the knee but I swear on the replay it's like the puck never even hit him. He dropped down to the ice and was in a lot of pain then he came back 10 min later
It was very odd

Reactions: fahad203

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Who knows? Something ain't right.
The atmosphere surrounding the team is off. Look at opening night, blasé to say the least.
If you’re a player and you know the regular season is basically meaningless, your GM gives you Murray, Jankrok, NAK, Engvall, ZAR , Malgin, and Samsonov to try and get you over the hump, and your coach is a monotonic lunatic, there’s a chance your head isn’t in a good place.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Disgusting and gutless effort. Well deserved loss.

Samsonov only one that showed up.
This is at least the 3rd year in a row that we have seen these types of efforts. It’s getting to the point where we would be shocked if we didn’t see them play like shit as often as they do.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Looked originally like he got a Slapshot to the knee but I swear on the replay it's like the puck never even hit him. He dropped down to the ice and was in a lot of pain then he came back 10 min later
It was very odd

Thank you sir

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Let's not pretend like this game is the norm for the Leafs. Fans may think it is, but not even close.

They have a couple of games like this per year. As does literally every team in the NHL (and a couple would be generous for over half of the league).
Isn’t that three out of seven now ?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Had to look for myself.

3 out of the last 4 games Marner has played over 26 minutes. Straight lunacy.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4