Pre-Game Talk: Leafs look to rebound against Ducks from Anaheim - Oct 30th

TonsofPuppies

Send in the clowns...
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
I think we will see a big Leafs win today with Leafs winning by 4 goals. IMO

Hard to imagine we will not see a big statement today and the opposition being near the bottom in goals for and goals against make this a perfect opportunity for the Leafs.
07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpeg

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Honestly, hope Keefe sends a message.

Bench one of Matthews/Marner. Don't play Holl, Or NAK. Gotta show some discipline, it seems like the players have more control over the team than the coaching staff, that's a problem.

Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Bunting - Kerfoot - Marner
Engvall - Jarnkrok - Malgin
Simmonds- Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Sandin
Giordano - Brodie
Kral - Mete

I understand that this lineup looks horrible. But at this point, we gotta show some discipline, show that poor play results in consequences. We cannot be complacent, we've let Samsonov left out to dry due to poor effort.

Also not sure why Keefe split the second line, I think Robertson should be there, despite Kerfoot's recent play.
I can accept the concept of resting AM but 2 issues.
Why are both Engval and Malgin on the ice
And most important, what is Rielly doing on top d unit.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
If the Leafs lose this game and look disinterested I have to assume someone is getting fired and/or a big trade is coming.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
It’s the same story, pressure is getting to them. The fact that Dubas didn’t get an extension and now their off to a rough start, they know the writing is on the wall, and they can’t seem to get it together. We’ll see, but I expect the Ducks to play their heart out since they know their bad anyway and have nothing to lose. Beating the leafs and sending the fan base and organization into a frenzy will be hard for the Ducks to resist. I expect leafs as usual buckle under pressure

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It’s the same story, pressure is getting to them. The fact that Dubas didn’t get an extension and now their off to a rough start, they know the writing is on the wall, and they can’t seem to get it together. We’ll see, but I expect the Ducks to play their heart out since they know their bad anyway and have nothing to lose. Beating the leafs and sending the fan base and organization into a frenzy will be hard for the Ducks to resist. I expect leafs as usual buckle under pressure
All the Ducks need to do is come out strong, and "park the bus" in their own zone. Simple to execute game plan.

Reactions: glue

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Im prepared guys, this will be the most embarrassing loss of the season. I expect a 4-1 loss tonight.

Then we wake up at home vs Boston and go on a run.

You all know thats how this is going to go.

GLG

Reactions: ChadBigly

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I need to see the effort tonight. If they have any pride or will to win they'll play hard, pissy about a few words from the coach or not.
If not the question becomes where to make the first cut as the butchering of the lifeless carcass begins.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Honestly, hope Keefe sends a message.

Bench one of Matthews/Marner. Don't play Holl, Or NAK. Gotta show some discipline, it seems like the players have more control over the team than the coaching staff, that's a problem.

Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Bunting - Kerfoot - Marner
Engvall - Jarnkrok - Malgin
Simmonds- Kampf - ZAR

Rielly - Sandin
Giordano - Brodie
Kral - Mete

I understand that this lineup looks horrible. But at this point, we gotta show some discipline, show that poor play results in consequences. We cannot be complacent, we've let Samsonov left out to dry due to poor effort.

Also not sure why Keefe split the second line, I think Robertson should be there, despite Kerfoot's recent play.

Haha.... there is zero chance Matthews gets benched!

Reactions: ChadBigly

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
If there's any team to get your game back tonight and slump some poor performances and busts tonight is the night to do it.

Mind you Toronto will play poorly for first 30 mins and will say its because of the back2back.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It will be interesting to see what happens when they lose tonight, but I have a feeling they will win but it is only delaying the inevitable.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
For all the "last year" comparison posters......last season after the poor start, they went 15-2.

I'll take any bets from anyone that thinks they'll do that again.
They are playing worse this year this far

It's impressive how much this fanbase gets abused by the team, yet many still makes excuses for them
Not sure if this is an excuse or just some facts?
I think the team is playing like crap this year than last, but it's a reality check to me, that the season is still very young and I should hold off on the panic, for now.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
No excuses tonight

No wonder Keefe looks lost, I'd be dead behind the eyes if I had to watch these guys as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad