Line Combos: Leafs lineup 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
If Calgary doesn't qualify Jooris, I'd like for Toronto to sign him. He'd make a great 4th line center, and be mentored by Laich, which would be good for him. Laich would probably play most of the time at the 4th line center position next season, but Jooris would be on the PK as a center.

Still hoping for Tanev, don't know the price, but if Vancouver could get behind a Gardiner-Tanev swap, then I say do it. They're the same age and contracts are similar. Though this kind of move would require Zaitsev to step up with Gardiner-like production, which I don't doubt myself.

The goalie situation is interesting, we'll see if they draft a goalie, but something needs to be done about it in the next few years, as the drafted goalie won't be an NHL ready player at the age of 20 - or so I think.

Someone already suggested this at the trade forum, but let's take another look at it. If Columbus would be ready to retain some of Bobrovsky's cap, let's say he'd come in at 6.5, I think there could be a deal to be made. He's only 27, going into his prime in a few years and has already won a Vezina, so there's huge amount of rebound potential. If I'm not mistaken, both Korpisalo and Forsberg will need to be protected, so trading Bobrovsky would leave them with a better chance of not losing either of them. I suggest a Bobrovsky-Bernier swap, with Bobrovsky retained to 6.5. Columbus might not want to do this, but who cares, we're fantasizing here.

A TOP-4 D-man would also be nice, but that can be addressed later on in the season, if Marincin does not "pan out" as one.

I'd like to see the season start along these lines:

JVR-Matthews-Marner
Komarov-Kadri-Brown
Michalek-Bozak-Nylander
Greening-Laich-Jooris

Rielly-Tanev
Marincin-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Carrick

Bobrovsky
Sparks

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
When it comes to forwards, Babcock likes to pair two skilled guys together and complement them with a lunch pail kind of guy. There's also the issue of players handedness and whether or not they're capable of playing their off wing. With both things considered, guys like Lupul, Laich, Komarov, JVR, and Matthews should be open to all sorts of potential linemates because of their games.

JVR - Matthews - Marner : firepower. The Americans are bigger bodies with the capability of burying the puck. All 3 can skate and play the 200' game.
Komarov - Kadri - Greening : checking line. Would have liked to see Soshnikov or Brown instead of Greening.
Lupul - Nylander - Laich : sheltered scorers. Laich and Nylander being paired allows for easier cheating plus size of wingers should help maintain possession of puck immediately after draws.
Michalek - Bozak - Parenteau : mix of the above. I honestly don't see this line existing in September.

I see Hyman getting a sniff of some NHL action.
But honestly...this is far too early. Many of these names will not be part of the team next year. For example, I have Parenteau in the lineup even though there were merely "talks" going on with respects to him coming back for next season.

More interesting question will be in regards to the power play. Kadri's struggled producing on the man advantage and with Marner, Nylander, and Matthews either requiring puck possession or taking the draws, Kadri could be the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad