GDT: Leafs @ Lightning 7 PM - the Grand Finale, 70 or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This will be a generally non-physical game that probably ends a higher score than both coaches would like, which should be good for Matthews and Kucherov.

There will be a gentlemans agreement since neither team has anything at stake and they dont face each other in R1. Both can save their stars by not overworking them, nor having them sustain an injury. Even the tough players will play a softer brand per coaches orders.

Reactions: torontoblood

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Boosh is an awful player. No rest is going to change that

He was pretty solid soon after acquired. He got banged up pretty good 3 or so weeks ago and he's been struggling since. I think he can be an ok mobile aggressive player, but his ability with the puck is scary bad. This is why we desperately need Liljegren and McCabe healthy in this lineup.

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Sorry. Having shit the bed last night against a potential playoff opponent, I could care less about Matthews getting 70 anymore.

Hard to look forward to Saturday with all the injuries, and our goalies unable to stop a beach ball recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sorry. Having shit the bed last night against a potential playoff opponent, I could care less about Matthews getting 70 anymore.

Hard to look forward to Saturday with all the injuries, and our goalies unable to stop a beach ball recently.
Right. The whole season of work is meaningless because they played poor last night for a period.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
For hockey histories sake, It would be great to see Matthews 70th and Kuch's 100 assist in the final game.

Something more likely than not we will never see again
Kuch will get his 100th and Matthews will stay stuck at 69, book it

cause that's how it always go for T.O.

Reactions: Jojalu and TMLife17

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Matthews better get his 70th tonight after Keefe sat him during a 3-minute empty net sequence against Jersey for Kampf. That would be the crown jewel on Keefe's list of idiot decisions.

Reactions: TMLife17 and Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I here ya, and I somewhat feel the same about our Leafs chances in the playoffs.

However, I would prefer that Matthews at least gets his 70th goal to set the bar high for Bedard.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Matthews better get his 70th tonight after Keefe sat him during a 3-minute empty net sequence against Jersey for Kampf. That would be the crown jewel on Keefe's list of idiot decisions.
Exactly !!! Another way that proves that Keefe is a complete moron IMHO.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad