Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is concerning on so many levels.

1. The fact the management feel his good play in the bubble was the norm rather than an abberation.
2. The fact management feel there is more they can get out of him consistently.
3. 1 & 2

The Toronto Maple Leafs is like a high end Ferrari that is driven by noob who doesn't know what to do on the racetracks

Reactions: Cleetus

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This mainboard thread is just right on time for the Kings eh? what are the chances leafs visiting them at the same time may actually .... well....

:laugh:

Altair

Dec 10, 2019
Our effort was not good enough vs the sharks.
Gotta love that feisty dirty third line.... :clap: That a hard one for surely. Robertson and Simmonds finna gel together nicely. Expecting a lot of talking going on too., wich is key. We might actually win a game again because of simmonds being in.
We finna goin to thug it out on those Kings. We're hard in those corners, ya we beat those suckas hard sire

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Crazy how they wont split up Matthews and Marner. This team preached 4 lines of offense and now we have been reduced to two lines of offense. Tavares/Nylander struggle together at 5v5 and still are stuck together. We have no pressure and no sustained 60mins of consistency and you can tell why by looking at the lines. The bottom 6 look medicore and have no hope of scoring in the playoffs. Try something other than rearranging the non significant pieces.

When was that? Because we opened the season with a line of ZAR/Kampf/NAK. That was their ideal 4th line. There is no offense on that line.

TheBigFour

Apr 17, 2019
leafs deserve the criticism given how they played so far this season but the funny thing is that if they win their next two games, they will be 6-3-1 after their first 10 games, which is 107 point pace.

But thats a big if though lol

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This mainboard thread is just right on time for the Kings eh? what are the chances leafs visiting them at the same time may actually .... well....

:laugh:
"Is there a team with more self-inflicted pain than the Kings this year?"

They obviously haven't been watching the Leafs if they have to ask.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Whatever combination they whip together our bottom six just sucks honestly. Not a bottom six of a team with Stanley cup aspirations at all. Too soft and too many low impact fillers.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I actually wonder perhaps someone can help me out. When on the road who pays is it the team or players out of their own pocket? for:

1) hotel accommodations
2) Food/Drinks
3) city travel (ex: going to movies so calling a cab/uber)

I suppose Leafs brass probably get best of the best treatment since Leafs are loaded if the club is paying for it instead of the players. Is there an assigned budget? has anybody cried about it for competitive cap etc reason?

also the hockey gear:
sticks, skates etc... is it coming out of players' own pocket or is that sponsored?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I actually wonder perhaps someone can help me out. When on the road who pays is it the team or players out of their own pocket? for:

1) hotel accommodations
2) Food/Drinks

I suppose Leafs brass probably get best of the best treatment since Leafs are loaded if the club is paying for it instead of the players. Is there an assigned budget? has anybody cried about it for competitive cap etc reason?

also the hockey gear:
sticks, skates etc... is it coming out of players' own pocket or is that sponsored?
They get a per diem like any worker who travels for work. Probably a lot higher than mine when I am on the road.

Their equipment is all covered in the team budget.

If they golf or do anything then they pay out of pocket

Reactions: PromisedLand

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

1) hotel accommodations
2) Food/Drinks

also the hockey gear:

If travel going to like the bars etc is covered by the player I assume.

Everything else the team

Per diem is 110 a day

Reactions: PromisedLand

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
Do you ever stop going on about this trade?

The Leafs wouldn't have had Marchment anyways. They were not paying him 4.5

Leafswere going to have to expose Marchment to wavers. They weren't going to keep him. Better to have gotten something for him than loose him on wavers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad