GDT: Leafs @ Kings 1030PM Jan 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Big road trip coming up here.

We need to start playing better fast and rack up some wins or this thing could get ugly.

Reactions: Buds17

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Big road trip coming up here.

We need to start playing better fast and rack up some wins or this thing could get ugly.
I'm expecting this trip to be UGLY.

We have an overpaid core 4 that could care less about winning as long as their undeserved money shows up in their bank accounts.

We have an aging core of D that are well on their way towards retirement.

Guaranteed contracts need to end in this sport. IMHO, pay for the players should be performance related game by game.

The NHL teams should be able to pay one higher rate to the players for winning a game, and a much lower rate for losing. The NHLPA, and the players themselves, should be responsible for dividing up the players earnings based on their competitiveness. They need to make goals, assists, GAA, and defensive ability, count for something when it comes to game pay.

Too many players under perform after being awarded high salaries. Too many players over perform in a contract year to attain those same inflated salaries.

A team that consistently wins games means that those players earn more salary. Losing teams players earn less money. It's a simple concept that would be very difficult to implement and maintain, but I feel it would be a lot better over time.

It would be great to get rid of the salary cap as well. Players could be assigned share percentages based on a scale derived from experience and performance metrics as calculated by the NHLPA.

JMH, maybe stupid, Opinion !!! :cool:

Reactions: ICBM

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Their next 5 games are LA, Anaheim, San Jose, San Jose and the Islanders (who are back to struggling again, having just lost twice in a row to Pittsburgh). I'm not sure why LA seems to play so poorly at home, but I expect the Leafs to get a good number of points in these 5 games.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Over/under Keefe is fired before the end of this road trip…..?

Interested to see Hildeby draw in.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

We have an overpaid core 4 that could care less about winning as long as their undeserved money shows up in their bank accounts.

We have an aging core of D that are well on their way towards retirement.

Guaranteed contracts need to end in this sport. IMHO, pay for the players should be performance related game by game.

The NHL teams should be able to pay one higher rate to the players for winning a game, and a much lower rate for losing. The NHLPA, and the players themselves, should be responsible for dividing up the players earnings based on their competitiveness. They need to make goals, assists, GAA, and defensive ability, count for something when it comes to game pay.

Too many players under perform after being awarded high salaries. Too many players over perform in a contract year to attain those same inflated salaries.

A team that consistently wins games means that those players earn more salary. Losing teams players earn less money. It's a simple concept that would be very difficult to implement and maintain, but I feel it would be a lot better over time.

It would be great to get rid of the salary cap as well. Players could be assigned share percentages based on a scale derived from experience and performance metrics as calculated by the NHLPA.

JMH, maybe stupid, Opinion !!! :cool:
Who is signing up for that? If you are Bedard this year and get drafted to a horrible team, he should get paid less?

Free agency would come to an end as no player would sign with a losing team.

This narrative that the Leafs fon't want to win is absurd. They spent their entire lives to get to this moment and of course they want to win.

Reactions: Buds17

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Unleash the HildeBEAST! Good luck screening him :laugh:

1704140453330.png

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Their next 5 games are LA, Anaheim, San Jose, San Jose and the Islanders (who are back to struggling again, having just lost twice in a row to Pittsburgh). I'm not sure why LA seems to play so poorly at home, but I expect the Leafs to get a good number of points in these 5 games.
You're a broken record.
Over/under Keefe is fired before the end of this road trip…..?

Interested to see Hildeby draw in.
Yeah I've become pretty uninterested lately, I have the game on but usually most of my attention goes elsewhere. If Hildeby plays though, that'll get my attention for sure.
Don't worry, I'm sure Keefe will punish Bertuzzi and Robertson next to really send a message
Bertuzzi probably makes too much money. Guys like Gregor and Benoit have reason to be nervous though, f***ing Keefe, I'm get more sick and tired of him with each passing day.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Pretty bold of me to expect wins against San Jose and Anaheim.
You say the same thing no matter who we play. For example, I remember you booking 2 points against Boston before we played them.

You also guaranteed that the Leafs would take over 1st place in the division by the end of the year, instead we slipped to 3rd.

Anyhow least you're not guaranteeing anything this time re. the next 5 games, that's progress. We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad