Leaf's Kid Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
People have been saying for years under the Quinn regime that there are young players that should be playing. He could have Steve Sullivan and Alyn McCauley as centres right now if he had given them a fair shot, not to mention several other players. This is long overdue in Toronto. They're finally realizing you can't get the job done wiht 35 year olds every night.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
Kritty said:
People have been saying for years under the Quinn regime that there are young players that should be playing. He could have Steve Sullivan and Alyn McCauley as centres right now if he had given them a fair shot, not to mention several other players. This is long overdue in Toronto. They're finally realizing you can't get the job done wiht 35 year olds every night.

One could definitely make that argument for Sullivan, but McCauely as much as he was loved here had numerous chances on the top 2 lines. After his exceptional playoffs one season he was on our 1st line for about 50 games into the next year and did pretty much nothing.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
Kritty said:

Sullivan+McCauley? Or Allison+Lindros?

I think I would rather have Allison and Lindros.

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
nneate said:

It's not necessarily a case of choosing between them.
They weren't traded for each other so in theory the Leafs could have all of the above had none been traded/waived.
Of course it's always easy to criticize actions in hindsight knowing the eventual results.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
a better comparison is

Sullivan vs. Nothing

and

McCauley vs. 1/3 of Owen Nolan

As for Sullivan, he had showed a bit of promise, but I think he just plain took a long time to develope. He was 26 when the Leafs got rid of him. Would have been great to hold on to, but I don't think anyone thought he would be this good in their wildest dreams. I thought McCauley had showed more promise up to that point

Deleted member 3032

One thing people aren't thinking about is that if Toronto never waived him or traded him, he very well may have never been the guy he turned out to be now. Sometimes players need something like that (especially waiving) as a wake up call that they need to really get going or they'll forever lose their chance of playing in the NHL.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
nneate said:

Sullivan
2005-2006 7GP 4-6-10 even
2003-2004 80GP 24-49-73 +1

McCauley
2005-2006 9GP 0-3-3 +1
2003-2004 82GP 20-27-47 +23, Selke nomination

-

Allison
2005-2006 8 GP 2-7-9 -5
2003-2004 DNP

Lindros
2005-2006 8GP 7-2-9 +1
2003-2004 39GP 10-22-32 +7

I guess it's a personal thing. I would rather have Sullivan and McCauley. I'm just a fan of both of those guys. Lindros and Allison are both playing well for TO and it's great to see that they've bounced back.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Leachmeister2000 said:
I know he looks like that especially when he shows his bucktooth! Good hockey player.

Wont be long and there will be no tooth there at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad