Leafs jersey discussion

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
What logic goes into when the Leafs use their alternate jerseys in games at home?

They are using their alternate home blues tonight against the Islanders. Why?

And sometimes they use them on the road too - I recall them using this jersey while playing in Buffalo and at Madison Square Garden in the past.

Anyone know how they come up with those decisions? I think these alternates should have been their permanent home jerseys. I love that white stripe

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
More they use them the better.

The alternate is head and shoulders above both the others.

I really hope they don't mess with it next year and just replace home/away

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
These are probably my favorites. Posted by another poster in the other thread.

44IXeT4.jpg

These are mocks I did. Figured I'd post them again XD

dszgiNV.png
B47U7cz.png

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

44IXeT4.jpg

dszgiNV.png
B47U7cz.png

No to the colour block shoulder. Yes to the classic logo.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto

44IXeT4.jpg

dszgiNV.png
B47U7cz.png

Those first ones are gorgeous but need a few tweeks.

1) the logo font and the captain's C font are different, should be matched up. I prefer the blocky logo font for that.

2) Don't like the shoulder patches, if we're going to use them use our current shoulder patches or not at all.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Trying to get back to the original question - anyone know how they figure out when to use what jerseys ? Seems very random to me, but a Tuesday night game against the Islanders isn't when I would expect them to use those alternates.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Trying to get back to the original question - anyone know how they figure out when to use what jerseys ? Seems very random to me, but a Tuesday night game against the Islanders isn't when I would expect them to use those alternates.

I don't know bud. It got right into jersey change talk on you lol.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I wonder why the NHL doesn't just bring back all former jerseys of all franchises and just let them wear whatever, whenever they want if they choose to wear them. That way every NHL team has a giant wardrobe and it expands merchandising possibilities.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I wonder why the NHL doesn't just bring back all former jerseys of all franchises and just let them wear whatever, whenever they want if they choose to wear them. That way every NHL team has a giant wardrobe and it expands merchandising possibilities.

Logistically speaking, it would be hell for the road team if a system like this was in place - how many jerseys would they have to bring with them on a long road trip, for example, to meet up with all the possible home team jersey possibilities so their colors / darkness didn't clash?

I don't know bud. It got right into jersey change talk on you lol.

Haha, no kidding! It's all good though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Logistically speaking, it would be hell for the road team if a system like this was in place - how many jerseys would they have to bring with them on a long road trip, for example, to meet up with all the possible home team jersey possibilities so their colors / darkness didn't clash?

Well, they could still coordinate with a schedule, but still just make all their jerseys active if they choose to use them.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Sens Fan coming here to chirp. I actually love those bottom 70’s classic Leaf jersey’s, and the ones above it are pretty sick!

I’m outta here!

44IXeT4.jpg

dszgiNV.png
B47U7cz.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad