Post-Game Talk: Leafs in OT 5-4 (Yes, OT you read that right)

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
So satisfying beating those bunch of Neanderthals. Simmonds was no deterrent, in fact, he hurt the team. So glad Keefe benched him after his second penalty. He can’t play on this high octane team…too slow. Love the way this team played and made Calgary pay with the PP. Something different about this team.

Reactions: Jojalu and Ciao

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I don't usually get involved in these reffing disputes as they tend to even out over time, but this one isn't really about a bad call per se. The refs need to explain why it was an even up on Bunting.....then suddenly not?
The initial one was clearly on Bunting for being a fake tough guy, than he simply pointed at the Calgary player and said you look handsome tonight

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs finding ways to win with or without stellar goaltending. Nice to see the offensive touch being brought back a little more recently.

Murray doing a little Jekyll and Hyde, two bad games out of his last three. Hope this isn't a trend, it has been for him the last five years prior.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
He has 3 points in his last 7 games. He had an assist on that Marner goal because he won the draw. So he is still at a PPG.

He is also over 70% on faceoffs in the last 7 games and has had a lot of "3rd assist" moments, so I am not really worried about a few games without points.
First 21 games: 25 points
Last 7 games: 3 points

That's a 1/4 of the season so far, not just a few games. For $11 million per year I sure hope the 1C is elite at FO's and generating 3rd assists. What do you think the forwards that get paid as much as him do?

Reactions: arso40

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
First 21 games: 25 points
Last 7 games: 3 points

That's a 1/4 of the season so far, not just a few games. For $11 million per year I sure hope the 1C is elite at FO's and generating 3rd assists. What do you think the forwards that get paid as much as him do?
He just always looks so slow to me, as the season goes on it will probably just get worse

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Makes all the sense in the world to start the OT with the checking line (assuming the center is decent at faceoffs). If they gain control of the puck they will change out quick for the scorers, which is easy to do 3v3. If they lose control you already have the right players on the ice to defend.
I think the Leafs are tired of getting scored on right off the bat.

If your best offensive players can't help giving the puck away, then maybe try your best defensive ones.

I kind of like it. Very ballsy move.

Not only that, it worked :)

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
shieeet.gif

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
So satisfying beating those bunch of Neanderthals. Simmonds was no deterrent, in fact, he hurt the team. So glad Keefe benched him after his second penalty. He can’t play on this high octane team…too slow. Love the way this team played and made Calgary pay with the PP. Something different about this team.
Simmonds committed the infraction because he couldn't keep up with the play and had to use his stick instead of his skates.

Time has passed him by.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad