Post-Game Talk: Leafs in OT 5-4 (Yes, OT you read that right)

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Ohhh, we still rollin. Off game for the Murdog but good teams still find ways to win. Onto Anaheim on Tuesday.

Also, Simmonds out for Engvall next game will be a welcomed addition.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Kampf is my Reichel. Sammy I just don't know sometimes.

Why is Sutter bitter?
3 wins in 12 road games this season.
Team is no longer responding to him criticizing them so he's trying a different tactic. It's obviously a lame attempt at deflecting but his options are limited.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Considered by many one of the best if not the best team ever in North American team sport. That Montreal team was unreal with a who who of hockey royalty. That team had 9 HOFers + their coach

Guy Lafleur
Steve Shutt
Larry Robinson
Guy Lapointe
Jacques Lemaire
Yvan Cournoyer
Serge Savard
Bob Gainey
Ken Dryden
Scotty Bowman
I think that 1976 team ended with only 8 losses (something like 12 or 13 ties. Too lazy to look it up)

Crazy win percentage.

I think a 90’s Wings team came close.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
11 HOFers on that dynasty that won 4 straight cups, Ken Dryden, Larry Robinson, Serge Savard, Guy Lapointe, Guy Lafleur, Steve Shutt, Peter Mahovlich, Frank Mahovlich, Yvan Cournoyer, Jaques Lemaire and Henri Richard. We'll never see anything like that ever again in the cap era, just sick.
Yeah, no team will be able to build the way that one was. No more idiotic expansions teams hiring morons for management willing to trade 1st overalls for garbage, and the salary cap guarantees that having that many HOF's in their primes is flat out impossible.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Leafs current 14 game point streak.

Matthews 9 goals 20 points
Nulander 11 goals 19 points
Marner 9 goals 18 points
Tavarea 5 goals 13 points

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Leafs current 14 game point streak.

Matthews 9 goals 20 points
Nulander 11 goals 19 points
Marner 9 goals 18 points
Tavarea 5 goals 13 points
You should include Bunting in there: 3 goals, 14 points.

It's even more extreme if you look at just the ES numbers:

Matthews 6 goals 16 points
Nylander 8 goals 13 points
Bunting 3 goals 13 points
Marner 6 goals 9 points
Tavares 3 goals 7 points

Reactions: Jojalu

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Marner 6 goals 9 points
Tavares 3 goals 7 points
Good call!

Marner 6 goals 9 points
Tavares 3 goals 7 points
Matthews line has been unbelievable

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Heh Keefer JoJo told me at hot stove that you go on here and read my stuff .. like starting Lily and Sandin for OT to reward them for excellent play and try something different .. oh well that was a lucky start but made me LOL

Da effort and compete from Willy was what we should see from him nightly.. i hope he is having another great stretch now .. da 1st 10 games of season he led team and maybe he is going on another stretch of dominant play fingers crossed ..

Mitch has been playing great from day 1 this season (his numbers were only poor for 1st 10 games because Matty was completely out of shape and working off extra fat) .. yeah he had some turnovers and yeah it cost team but he is making things happen virtually every shift this season .. i have not seen him better .. and playing with JT works because those 2 guys skate straight line at similar speeds up ice (yes Mitch is a little faster) .. but Matty when fit and Willy are pretty darn fast and that helps both ..

Bottom line team started getting better results when Matty starting tilting ice every game in our favor, post game 10, with maybe 1 exception .. da big man is on a roll now and despite what most of you think he may light it up for 60 this year too .. you can easily see his improvement game over game .. guessing he will be top man in league by XMAS again

And with Murray (yeh he played bad Saturday) now in net team is getting what it needs in net now .. GLG

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Good call!

Matthews line has been unbelievable
:pcheer:

Smells like teen spirits.

And Masonic Temple Loggings.
Heh Keefer JoJo told me at hot stove that you go on here and read my stuff .. like starting Lily and Sandin for OT to reward them for excellent play and try something different .. oh well that was a lucky start but made me LOL

Da effort and compete from Willy was what we should see from him nightly.. i hope he is having another great stretch now ..
:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Jojalu

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
1. P/60 stats will increase if you play less, that doesn't mean he hasn't fallen off. If you can seriously sit there and say the Leafs got Isles JT consistently you're lying to yourself.

Not necessarily, P/60 is a weighted average that should adjust as you play more or less ATOI.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
We have 1 regulation loss in the last 20 games, but hey its the Leafs so someone always needs to be on the firing line apparently.

JT was really good early when we needed him, when Matthews and Marner started slow.

I don't understand why some people always have to be upset about something.

..and the sick thing about that statement is we have only gained 3 points on Boston since Nov 1. Man I hate the B's.

(since Nov 1st)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It was odd to see him boo'd at the rink. Not sure why anyone would do that.

I can't think of any greater show of respect to a guy like Kadri or Komarov to be honest. If the other team and their fans like him or are indifferent, he's not playing his game. It's different than a Sundin or Kaberle coming home.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
..and the sick thing about that statement is we have only gained 3 points on Boston since Nov 1. Man I hate the B's.

(since Nov 1st)

It's time we cut down on those OT losses. That's 4 points. We'd be ahead in points right now had we won them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad