Leafs Hypothetical

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Manhattan Beach, California
We all know Lou likes his old-school ways. Keep your hair short. No facial hair. That's fine that it's his policy.

That said, what do you think would happen if Auston Matthews rolled into training camp next year sans haircut and with a beard?

Would Lou punish him, or would AM win this battle?

(Not saying he would ever do this, as from what I've heard he's the consummate professional and this would be out of character for him, but it's fun to wonder).

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
He's no better then anyone else on the team. So yes whatever penalties would apply

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't think Matthews would win that one. Lou's whole thing is that nobody is above the team, and he has more power than Matthews does

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
If OV gets internal suspension for missing practise then I'm sure Lou could leverage AM to shave.

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
He's no better then anyone else on the team. So yes whatever penalties would apply

I don't necessarily agree with that, but I do respect your opinion.

I have clients who I let get away with shit I generally wouldn't, because they generate me more income than the other ones. I know professional sports and a team is totally different, but I think those who are at the top of their profession (or close to it) get more leeway than others.

I used to manage a fairly big team. I'd let my top performers get away with a lot more than someone mediocre.

That said, I totally get your opinion and I think you're actually correct and this is how it would be handled.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Lou would ambush AM in the hallway with a cordless electric razor?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Matthews would be punished. I wouldn't be surprised if he requested a trade after that

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Lou doesn't even have a contract for next year, so he should probably get that figured out first.

I feel like this could have been put on the leaf board no?
I mean, or neither. Kind of a silly question, no offense to the OP.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Matthews will be suspended by Lou and demand a trade to his hometown Arizona. Such a stunt will tarnish his reputation somewhat but the Coyotes don't care as it would give them the chance to buy low on Matthews. They will offer Strome straight up; a former 3rd ov pick and if it wasn't for McDavid or Eichel he would have gone 1st ov in 2015.

Strome is a Toronto boy and would love be that 1C for the team he cheered growing up. Don't forget he's also a very good friend of Marner.

Matthews goes home gets to play with his buddy Keller and possibly another generational player in Dhalin.

Reactions: Kelly

CalEh

Oct 28, 2017
Matthews will be suspended by Lou and demand a trade to his hometown Arizona. Such a stunt will tarnish his reputation somewhat but the Coyotes don't care as it would give them the chance to buy low on Matthews. They will offer Strome straight up; a former 3rd ov pick and if it wasn't for McDavid or Eichel he would have gone 1st ov in 2015.

Strome is a Toronto boy and would love be that 1C for the team he cheered growing up. Don't forget he's also a very good friend of Marner.

Matthews goes home gets to play with his buddy Keller and possibly another generational player in Dhalin.

You lost me at Strome being a 1C

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Matthews doesn’t seem like the kind of player to stir things up like that, but if, for the sake of argument, he did do that... yeah, I think Lou would stick to his guns.

He seems very much a name on the front over the back kind of person, and I have no doubt his ego would play a role in this too.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Lou would stand his ground and win out. He has never given into young stars before and always built teams to be machines with interchangeable parts. And Shanny who knows this first hand would be right behind him.

Not that I think Matthews would pull something like this. Seems mature and responsible.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Oh gosh I agree.

I said hypothetical. I don't think it would ever happen.

It's akin to Rihanna answering my DM's on instagram asking her on a date. VERY UNLIKELY.
there are much more beautiful women you can dm on instagram than rihanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad