Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Habs are crap right now. Injuries, bad goaltending. Don't awaken any fake heroism on their side with cheap shots, just hit them hard and score often. If they crap the bed again against the Flames tonight they'll be sore and in a bad mood. We'll have 3 days rest. Score early and make it a miserable night for them.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
I’d rather have the Habs make the playoffs.

Makes Bergevin’s job safe, and we can trust that they’re going nowhere with him at the helm.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Chucky has gotta start producing with JT & Willie, hopefully he steps up against his former team. Leafs are starting to play with some fire coming into a game against a slumping Habs, should be an exciting game.
Andersen is back in practice. Thoughts?

He sounds optimistic, I think he comes back before playoffs.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Seeing anyone post about wanting the Leafs to lose for a 1st round playoff matchup makes me cringe; I want them to steamroll every team through the regular season & the first 2 rounds of playoffs, get momentum, a good playoff seed & home ice advantage for the last 2 rounds of playoffs where it really matters most.

Leafs are also in a race right now in league standings for the seeding & home ice of the final 2 rounds of playoffs.

& Montreal has the most potential for a North division upset if they figure themselves out, they were viewed early on as a playoff threat/contender for a reason; just don't see that much upside to Vancouver & Calgary, I doubt the Leafs will play like poo against them when it matters over a best 4/7 series.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Seeing anyone post about wanting the Leafs to lose for a 1st round playoff matchup makes me cringe; I want them to steamroll every team through the regular season & the first 2 rounds of playoffs, get momentum, a good playoff seed & home ice advantage for the last 2 rounds of playoffs where it really matters most.

Leafs are also in a race right now in league standings for the seeding & home ice of the final 2 rounds of playoffs.

& Montreal has the most potential for a North division upset if they figure themselves out, they were viewed early on as a playoff threat/contender for a reason; just don't see that much upside to Vancouver & Calgary, I doubt the Leafs will play like poo against them when it matters over a best 4/7 series.
Just win 1st place for the regular season. Best team in Canada Monicker until we have another all Canadian division.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'd much prefer the Habs in the first round than either Calgary or Vancouver. I don't want to face Sutter's shitty garbage play style in the playoffs and I don't want to see Rogers Arena again this year.

Course I also want the Leafs to win every game against the Habs the remainder of the way so I'm kind of in a contradictory position. Well if the Leafs do win 4/4 or 3/4 against Montreal in the final 4 meetings and they end up missing I suppose that's as good as knocking them out in a playoff round.

Reactions: supermann_98

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

No one's saying tank the games, but it's a good time to start resting guys to avoid more injuries piling up. Not to mention if you sweep the Habs and put them in a position where they have nothing to lose by getting suspended, they're gonna spend the last game running our stars.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
No one's saying tank the games, but it's a good time to start resting guys to avoid more injuries piling up. Not to mention if you sweep the Habs and put them in a position where they have nothing to lose by getting suspended, they're gonna spend the last game running our stars.
Agreed they should get certain guys some reps and other guys some rest, do whatever they can to best prepare them for the playoffs.

I doubt the Habs are completely out of it by that point, they'll likely be either in a fight for the last spot or they'll be trying to clinch it. If they are close to clinching it, it would make sense for them to play more physical when it matters less, seeing as we'd be facing them in the first round; a chance to wear down & beat up the opponent early where a win or loss matters way less. Regardless I wouldn't be too worried about it, out of their control & the Leafs do have a significantly tougher lineup this year than what they've had in the past (recent history).

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just gotta hope Jack's mini slump is behind him and be finishes the season strong.

Would be hellatough for Keefe not to start him in Game 1 in that scenario.

If Jack slumps again, tho, all bets are off.
Well I don’t know what kind of take it is calling a guys record in to question after winning 11 straigh,losing 2 and then taking 5 points of the last six. Seriously a slump you call that. I heard it all. :)

Last edited:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
If we are good enough to win the cup , we should be good enough to beat any 2 teams from our division, regardless of who they are.
Agreed, but historically you need one-two short series in your run to have enough in the tank to win it all. If you are stuck playing 7 games series each round, chances are you are not winning anything. Perhaps Boston did not win cup because they could not avoid 7 games with Leafs a year ago.

Reactions: Brobust

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I’m watching the Habs game right now and when Cole Caufield shot the puck I thought “wow that’s a scary shot”, and then I just realized that’s probably the feeling other team feels whenever Matthews has the puck lol

Reactions: mattyboy

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Habs are crap right now. Injuries, bad goaltending. Don't awaken any fake heroism on their side with cheap shots, just hit them hard and score often. If they crap the bed again against the Flames tonight they'll be sore and in a bad mood. We'll have 3 days rest. Score early and make it a miserable night for them.
Yep Textbook:thumbu:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
End their season.

We've been waiting to do it since 1979. Payback is coming!!!

Good...good.

Good.jpg

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I’m watching the Habs game right now and when Cole Caufield shot the puck I thought “wow that’s a scary shot”, and then I just realized that’s probably the feeling other team feels whenever Matthews has the puck lol

I would have watched that one but blacked out on TSN. I'll never understand it. No other sport does this. Football used to do it but only in the local market if the game didn't have a certain level of tickets sold.

Reactions: Garthinater

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
I would have watched that one but blacked out on TSN. I'll never understand it. No other sport does this. Football used to do it but only in the local market if the game didn't have a certain level of tickets sold.
Honestly, I’ve just streamed games online since 2013 when I moved away for university. It’s just so convenient.

The gaming industry learned its lesson with Steam, music with Spotify, and film/tv with Netflix. If you want people to stop pirating you have to offer an affordable, convenient product. If I could pay $200 a season and get every game blackout free I would do it in a heartbeat. Until then, I’m just gonna do what’s the easiest for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad