Pre-Game Talk: Leafs-Habs at Bell Centre Jan 19

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well, I have read all the post here and most think the habs will win. Have you not seen your roster yet? Price might save you....yet again, but like last year, we will win our head to head and start with a 6-1 win in your building if front of your fans. Not bating or taunting, just predicting.

Your AHL team sucks and that is going to translate into the habs going through what the leafs have gone through in the last 7 years. Be prepared to suffer....well continue suffering. lol

Good to be back.
Wow, full moon??

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Dang I thought it was gonna be the Broonz. Can't remember the last decent Habs-Leafs game. Not since Koivu wanted a piece of Grabovski...

I personally loved embarrassing them on Mats Sundin Night last year, especially when Eller made Dion the Pylon look foolish.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I personally loved embarrassing them on Mats Sundin Night last year, especially when Eller made Dion the Pylon look foolish.

One of the rare bright spots last year for sure. The drubbing of Detroit also comes to mind (mind you they were Lidstromless that night if I recall).

vipergtx18*

They finally realized their mistake was firing John Ferguson Jr. and now they are stuck with Phil Kessel as the face of their franchise.:laugh::laugh::laugh::sarcasm:

Kessel had 82 points last season, and thats on a dismal leafs roster, Not that bad of a franchise face imo. I still Fu*en hate the leafs tho. just sayin :yo:

hogtownhabsfan*

Well, I have read all the post here and most think the habs will win. Have you not seen your roster yet? Price might save you....yet again, but like last year, we will win our head to head and start with a 6-1 win in your building if front of your fans. Not bating or taunting, just predicting.

Your AHL team sucks and that is going to translate into the habs going through what the leafs have gone through in the last 7 years. Be prepared to suffer....well continue suffering. lol

Good to be back.

Way to fire your GM a week before the season!

vipergtx18*

YSGHZb

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Koivu had beef with Grabovski in a game where Grabovski was diving all over the place. They met in the the corner of the ice and Saku had words with him.

Ironically, Grabovski said the "only" guy he had respect for in the Habs lockeroom was Koivu.

Yeah, IIRC Grabo speared Price while screening him, and later on he went down in the corner, and Koivu skated over to him, stood over him, and game him a few choices about cleaning up his game.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
They finally realized their mistake was firing John Ferguson Jr. and now they are stuck with Phil Kessel as the face of their franchise.:laugh::laugh::laugh::sarcasm:

The Leafs aren't totally hopeless. I was glad to see them get good value when they palmed Kaberle off on the Bruins. That was partial redemption for the Kessel trade.

Jmac1160*

Kessel had 82 points last season, and thats on a dismal leafs roster, Not that bad of a franchise face imo. I still Fu*en hate the leafs tho. just sayin :yo:

I know plus minus is a skewed stat but scoring that much and being minus 30 the past 2 years is a red flag. a serious one:laugh:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I know plus minus is a skewed stat but scoring that much and being minus 30 the past 2 years is a red flag. a serious one:laugh:

That's shallow reasoning because you fail to take into consideration that Kessel plays for one of the weakest teams in the NHL.Weak teams tend to overuse their highest scorers because the coach thinks that that's the best chance of staying competitive against a stronger opponent. The downside is that the best scorers spend the most minutes on ice when the opponents score. To add insult to injury, they suffer when shorthanded goals are scored while they're on the PP whereas PP points aren't counted in a player's +/-. It's hard for a gifted scorer on a bad team to attain a plus +/- rating. By contrast, a fourth line forward who plays less than 10 minutes a game, mostly against an opponent's fourth line, is not as vulnerable. For example, Marcel Dionne, a much better scorer than Kessel, had horrible +/- ratings when he played for the Kings. +/- usually has as much to do with the team as with the particular player.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I've always believed Burke to be a Bruins fan.

Anyways Dave Nonis is their new GM now? Are the Leafs going to play a playoff game under his tenure? Stay tuned!

One thing is for sure, he'll be a lot more patient. He was on HC earlier today and said that he is not going to give up any of our blue chip reserves for quick fixes, he specifically named Gardiner and Rielly. Also said there's no pressure to make the playoffs this year, owners told him to just keep improving the club and I truly believe he will do that. I know a lot of you guys hate the Leafs and hate Burke but make no mistake Burke has totally turned this franchise around when it comes to futures. He left Nonis with a clean slate. We have a ton of cap space coming up after next season and he's re-charged the farm system.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
One thing is for sure, he'll be a lot more patient. He was on HC earlier today and said that he is not going to give up any of our blue chip reserves for quick fixes, he specifically named Gardiner and Rielly. Also said there's no pressure to make the playoffs this year, owners told him to just keep improving the club and I truly believe he will do that. I know a lot of you guys hate the Leafs and hate Burke but make no mistake Burke has totally turned this franchise around when it comes to futures. He left Nonis with a clean slate. We have a ton of cap space coming up after next season and he's re-charged the farm system.

I totally agree.

Burke was far from perfect, but Toronto has some very solid pieces moving forward.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Kessel is an awesome player, he just score goals though, that's realy all he does, but he does it a lot.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Kessel is an awesome player, he just score goals though, that's realy all he does, but he does it a lot.

Underrated play maker, seriously.

He's no Malkin or Crosby... But other than Desharnais, he's better than any forward on our roster at this aspect of the game.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Underrated play maker, seriously.

He's no Malkin or Crosby... But other than Desharnais, he's better than any forward on our roster at this aspect of the game.

Well he better be. Its like they traded Galchenyuk + Beaulieu + Collberg to get him.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I look at the long range as well as at what's happening today and tomorrow.

I prayed for the Leafs to win as many games as possible (but not too many) to dilute the value of the pick they ceded to the Bruins in return for Kessel. Unfortunately my prayers went unanswered. My only consolation is that the Leafs don't have Seguin, but that's little comfort in view of what he's done for the Bruins and will continue to do. The Bruins are set at center for a long time while the Habs are hoping they have the answer in an as yet unproven Galchenyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad