Confirmed with Link: Leafs go 4-4-1 in expansion, Dermott, Kerfoot, McCann, exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It would suck to lose McCann.

If they're doing this to protect Holl I don't get it, I think Seattle might value Kerfoot and Dermott above him anyways.
I don't see why Seattle or any team would value Dermott above Holl.

Holl is a top 4 Rhd while Dermott is a bottom pairing LHD. One is much more valuable than the other and Holl is on a great deal.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Still hope they take whatever D is exposed... Really thought they'd go 7/3/1, but they must value one of Holl/Dermott way higher than the other
At least if they take Kerfoot we already have our 3C replacement

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I don't see why Seattle or any team would value Dermott above Holl.

Holl is a top 4 Rhd while Dermott is a bottom pairing LHD. One is much more valuable than the other and Holl is on a great deal.

I don't think there's a big difference. Dermott would probably look like a top 4 guy if he was stapled to Muzzin. Seattle doesn't need Holls relatively low AAV in the short term and Dermott has more upside with his age.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
There has to be a side deal. I wish they would of just went 7-3-1 then. They'd rather lose Kerfoot or McCann instead of Holl or Dermott but they'll need to fill holes on forward more to me than on D.

It seems they're afraid to let Lilly or Sandin get more time still.

Maybe it simply comes down to money. They're trying to get rid of higher cap hits. I guess we'll see what happens. Just seems like a lot of messing around.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I cannot see it. So we'd essentially be "paying" a prospect to keep a 3C? It's not good asset management.

Gicen our current window, I'd rather Seattle select Halander than Kerfoot, Dermott, or Holl so if they select McCann that's esentially what happened. However, if I had to guess I think there is a deal or understanding as to who Seattle will take.

Reactions: showtime8 and Ciao

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I'd rather Seattle select Halander than Kerfoot, Dermott, or Holl so if they select McCann that's what happened. However, if I had to guess I think there is a deal or understanding as to who Seattle will take.

I agree, though note that they cannot select Hallander. I would still rather lose Kerfoot than McCann. I may even rather lose Holl than McCann. I just don't see why we would even go 4-4-1 when we could easily go 7-3-1 and force the Kerfoot / Holl selection.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I mean it’s kinda silly. Does anyone really care about losing holl. Like at all?

is a a top 6 of

rielly brodie
Muzz Holl
Dermot. Sandin

Good enough? I don’t get the 4-4-1.

I mean If they take McCann it’s basically just “take hallander” which I’m pretty sure most are ok with in a vacuum

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I mean it’s kinda silly. Does anyone really care about losing holl. Like at all?

is a a top 6 of

rielly brodie
Muzz Holl
Dermot. Sandin

Good enough? I don’t get the 4-4-1.

I mean If they take McCann it’s basically just “take hallander” which I’m pretty sure most are ok with in a vacuum

Watch. There are going to be a dozen d-men available better than Holl.

Reactions: MJK and CelticDruid

GoLeafsGo96

Dec 26, 2010
Strange - but the logic is there. If you told fans they'd lose Hallander instead of a roster player they might take that.

I would have went 7-3-1 because I don't see any point in protecting Holl. I expect SEA will take McCann, unless the Leafs have already worked out some sort of deal or are aware of SEA's intention to take Kerfoot regardless - in some way (would seem to make all of this make more sense, but who knows).

Reactions: ToMaLe

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Sure going into expansion that would be seen as a good result. But its not a vacuum, we have McCann now and are protecting a less valuable player imo. At a time when we desperately need more good forwards and he fell into our lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad