Leafs GM livid over how top 2 d-men injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
You would think that a 1-0 win over fellow playoff bubble team the New Jersey Devils would of made Leafs GM Eric Danis a happy man, but he was far from being in a good mood at the post-game conference...

"I am so pissed right now, I can't explain it".

"First Cory, now Frank, who's next on the goons list, I would like to know before the game so at least I can call up the right person to replace the next player that is savagely attacked on the ice."

Danis is referring to the fact that his top 2 defensemen were both injured during the last two Leafs games.

On Saturday night, super-pest Vaclav Varada drew a 2 minute hooking penalty and was ejected from the game for the incident that involved Cory Sarich. But if you're confused how a hooking call can end up having a player ejected from the game? Danis has the answer for you "Hook, you call that a hook, f*** that, that was a spear, the refs know it, Varada knows it and the Flyers coaching staff knew it, that's why they didn't put up much of a fuss when Varada was ejected, 2 minute hooking call my ass, that was a blatant attempt to injur call, a 5-minute spear, but the referees decided otherwise, they took out our best penalty killer during his first shift of the game and they then scored on a power play minutes later...you think that's a coincidence?"

Then, last night, Frantisek Kaberle was viciously elbowed to the head by New Jersey forward Bill Muckalt, Muckalt was also only given a 2-minute penalty and was also assesed a game misconduct, ejecting him from the game. "This is bulls***, how can someone explain to me how Pat and I are left without our top 2 defensemen and all these guys get are two-minute minors and not 5-minute majors? It makes no damn sense, it's simply bulls***."

"You think I'm mad, wait until Pat (Leafs coach Pat Quinn) gets up on the podium, you guys might be here all night!!!"

"Something has to be done...if our boys have to take care of it ourselves, we will...this is not a threat, but I don't intend to have teams try to bully us the way that Quain guy up in St. Louis tried to bully us when I was in Dallas when two of his "big goons" Chris Pronger and Joe Thornton were hitting our smaller team with their elbows, as if the average height on the team was 6'5"...as far as I can recall, Antropov and Aucoin were the only guys to able to accept those checks as legal, all the others were getting pounded in the head, including our star Joe Sakic...I'm not going through this again, especially since we do have a lot of smaller forwards."

Cory Sarich is currently listed as day-to-day and will miss tonight's game against in San Jose (but he is on the trip with the players).

Frantisek Kaberle is out at least a week.

For LeafsTV,
I'm Brian Duff

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Leafs brass *****ing about the refs...perhaps this league is closer to reality than ever...

GO LEAFS GO chants are being heard as far as Chicago!

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
I dont really get this entire thing. You even make up injuries?

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
BartG101 said:
I dont really get this entire thing. You even make up injuries?

That's what the refs in this league and the St. Louis Blues would have you believe...we believe that it makes for better ratings for the league and it's TV Networks when there is controversy in TO !!!

All kiding aside, visit the HFNHL website at www.hfnhl.com for full info...no, we don't "make things up" a computer program does all that for us...just so we still actually think we have somewhat of a life !

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
godlh said:
That's what the refs in this league and the St. Louis Blues would have you believe...we believe that it makes for better ratings for the league and it's TV Networks when there is controversy in TO !!!

All kiding aside, visit the HFNHL website at www.hfnhl.com for full info...no, we don't "make things up" a computer program does all that for us...just so we still actually think we have somewhat of a life !

You mean none of this is real...We're real not that stuff you see on tv and at a stadium near you...no lockouts or stoppages...fun for all...cheap tickets. This is how hockey should be.

HFNHL...it's real!

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ask what he thought of Leafs GM's Eric Danis' comments, Canes GM Dion Ong said," Pronger and Thornton are "big goons" hey. Just hope that they don't meet Krysztof (Oliwa), Pete (Worrell), Dale (Purinton) or Wade (Belak) in a dark alley alone."

:teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad