Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames: Tuesday 9:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I don't see how Engvall doesn't end up on the 3rd line, we know Kerfoot and Mikheyev with Engvall works and Simmonds just can't do it. With Hyman in the top 6, that's the best chance Keefe has at the shutdown line he wants (unless Anderson or eventually Boyd really impress).

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm not going to completely blast Barabanov because he's gotten a really, really unfair shake as a new player to the NHL.

No real training camp.

No pre-season games.

No ice-time.

Very hard to make a positive impression with those 3 factors.

In a normal season he'd get big minutes in pre-season games to get more adjusted to the smaller ice etc.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I'm not going to completely blast Barabanov because he's gotten a really, really unfair shake as a new player to the NHL.

No real training camp.

No pre-season games.

No ice-time.

Very hard to make a positive impression with those 3 factors.

In a normal season he'd get big minutes in pre-season games to get more adjusted to the smaller ice etc.
I think he's had some really nice flashed of what he could be. If I remember correctly he's drawn a couple penalties with quick bursts on semi-breaks, and he's shown a few times he isn't afraid to bang a bit. Between this is mostly a lot of nothingness, meaningless shifts with no real danger or energy at either end, but such is the life of a fourth liner playing a few minutes a game.

I would be on board with giving him a few chances (think, third line) to see what we have while it's still early in the season. Better to know we have nothing now, than just keep plugging him in for 5 minutes a night and watch him fly back to Russia next year.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
Did the game tonight turn into a must win for Calgary? Leaf's need the killer instinct and win!

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
According to CF, Brooks, Barabanov, Engvall and Lehtonen are on a 21-player, 12 F, 7 D roster as of this morning, if that means anything.

No Spezza, Boyd or Anderson unless there are roster changes today, which could very well happen.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
According to CF, Brooks, Barabanov, Engvall and Lehtonen are on a 21-player, 12 F, 7 D roster as of this morning, if that means anything.

No Spezza, Boyd or Anderson unless there are roster changes today, which could very well happen.

I'm expecting so:

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2021...n-the-matthew-tkachuk-jack-campbell-incident/
With Spezza, he is not going to play tomorrow. We are going to keep him out of the lineup. The schedule being what it has been to this point, it has been busy. We want to give Spezza a chance to take tomorrow off, and then we’ve got another day off after that as a team before we get ready for Edmonton.
At the same time, it allows us to take a look at some of our other guys we want to give some opportunities to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln