Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames - Thursday 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
Thought someone mentioned the backup would get one game on this road trip?
Hopefully that plan changes. No reason why Andersen shouldn't play every night until the next B2B.
right know we need points.
Christmas break is coming up.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Would like Andersen to finish this road trip against these opponents. Hutch can start in two of the three against Buffalo, the Rangers and Detroit for all I care. Same as the Devils, Rangers, Wild stretch. I think these two games need Andersen, especially now that there is some momentum. We will need a bunch of streaks to get out of where we are, let's not break the one we are currently on considering how impressive its been so far.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would like Andersen to finish this road trip against these opponents. Hutch can start in two of the three against Buffalo, the Rangers and Detroit for all I care. Same as the Devils, Rangers, Wild stretch. I think these two games need Andersen, especially now that there is some momentum. We will need a bunch of streaks to get out of where we are, let's not break the one we are currently on considering how impressive its been so far.

Hutch can't start VS Buffalo we need those points.

MAYBE he can start VS Detroit

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Hutch is the reason we arn't up on the Sabers in the standings. He imploded in that first game against them in the second.

Start Andy against the Sabers and Hutch against Detroit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
But it's worked so well in the past.

How many times in the past do you know of where playing the backup was the same as choosing to lose?

Can't let Keefe play Hutch because Hutch can't play.

It's at the point where yes, I do want somebody above Dubas needs to FORCE Dubas to get off his lazy ass do his job and get a backup because we can't have Keefe choosing to lose when he doesn't play Freddie that's not fair to Keefe.

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
How many times in the past do you know of where playing the backup was the same as choosing to lose?

It's at the point where yes, I do want somebody above Dubas needs to FORCE Dubas to get off his lazy ass do his job and get a backup because we can't have Keefe choosing to lose when he doesn't play Freddie that's not fair to Keefe.
Whoosh

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Andersen is in a zone right now. Leafs need the points. I think Andersen starts every game on this trip. Have to give yourself a fighting chance.

You put Hutch in, you're pretty much throwing in the towel.

Reactions: weems

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011

Because it's so easy to find a competent backup goalie in which no teams want to do the Leafs any favours.....

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Mayne I (ME) knew we was gon win that vanucks team also! I knew that dirt before and also told y'all we was gon beat the st.louis blues and even predicted the score 2-5 correctly. I just told it and knew everythang there is to ice hockey. 25 years following the sport closely, every since I was a youngsta fool for this game.

And right now, I'm bout to tell it again so listen up y'all: Weza gon win this one again: AGAIN AND AGAIN. We gon beat the flames since andy is playing that treal thang and our tavares being one of the finest captains in the game right nezouw. So yeah, this already over. Invest some, get yours and still smile. That's what I'm about mayne.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Keefe has us playing the way we should. Creative, offense first. That's how we are built, speed and talent. Reminds me of when Boudreau tried making Ovi play different, he got fired Trotz came in and eventually they hoisted the cup.

If hutch plays this week and we get smoked again hes done (should already be so but not).

Remember. It takes 2 teams to make a trade. Shanny and Dubas aren't blind they know we have a need, however I feel we are going for a bigger name goalie. I bigger trade. Perhaps we are looking to kill 2 birds..backup and a D man. While or D core seems ok, remember all but I believe Rielly are up contract wise. Meaning what? Well do we ship Muzzin or Barrie off now, get a D with term and our backup in one shot?

Yes I realise Sandin is probably a sure fire to make the squad BUT alas every other D besides Morgan has no contract. We cant enter the off season with 5 holes on the back end...6 if you count hutch.

In any case something will happen soon..probably after the holidays and hopefully it's not too late. Outside Boston and Wash or division is real close. We need a winning streak

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I hope you guys destroy the Lames tonight. Multiple hat-tricks.
That said, I also hope you go 3-0-1 on the road trip, nothing wrong with 7 pts out of 8, and just an OT loss on the last game right? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad