Confirmed with Link: Leafs fire Claude Loiselle and Dave Poulin. Kyle Dubas named Assistant GM

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Leafs name Kyle Dubas of Soo Greyhounds new asst GM. Dave Poulin, Claude Loiselle moving on.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle
Leafs have named Kyle Dubas assistant GM.

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Dubas is former GM of Soo and a big analytics supporter.

I hated Loiselle to be perfectly honest so I'm really happy.

I know nothing of Dubas other then he's big on analytics. Dubas is also 28 years old... I'm just a couple years older then him. Holy crap.

Last edited:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs hire Kyle Dubas as AGM - Poulin, Loiselle let go

@simmonssteve: Poulin and Loiselle out as assistant GMs of Leafs. Kyle Dubas in as new assistant GM. This is Shanahan making first front office change.

Ace88*

Not sure what this means, but ok. Rookie NHL exec, out of left field if you ask me

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Wow.zer.

Shanahan - the silent assassin.

(note that everyone's comfort buffer is gone?)

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Not sure what this means, but ok. Rookie NHL exec, out of left field if you ask me

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 2m
This is Shanahan's biggest stamp on the Leafs so far and it's a very good one. @kyledubas one of the sharpest upcoming execs there is.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 40s
Really great step forward for this Leafs organization with the hiring of @kyledubas

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 13s
Shanahan on Dubas: "He has a fresh approach that we feel will benefit our club for years to come."

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I'm going to get this out of the way and be the first to claim this is exactly the move I've been wanting them to make for years ... its about time!

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
He was 25 when he became GM of the Soo Greyhounds. Under 30 and he's already semi-running **** in the biggest organization in hockey. That's some big time stuff.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
I knew it would happen at some point with Dubas. Not with the Leafs though. I don't know how he'll work out in the NHL but he has been the best GM in the OHL for 2 years once you realize no one wants to play in Sault Ste.Marie.

DoubleDouble*

I moved to Niagara from Sault Ste Marie not long ago, and Kyle was doing great things up there. I am BEYOND excited about this move.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Very big pusher of advanced stats. Interesting to see how much of a role he takes on in negotations. Must be intimidating stepping into an assistant GM job with the Leafs.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kid is probably the heir-apparent to replace Nonis when he is eventually canned. He's been called the Theo Epstein of hockey.

Can you imagine being a NHL GM before being 30 years old? Holy crap. Talk about achieving in life...

Anyway, everyone seems to be thrilled with this move. To me, I know nothing of Dubas other then he's done good things with the Greyhounds. I'm really not sure how the Leafs are thinking of putting Dubas in a GM role if Nonis is let go within the next year. That's a lot of pressure to put on a young rookie GM. (Cough JFJ cough)

This just brings in a lot of fresh air though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad