McKenzie: Leafs don't want to, but may be forced to trade 2021 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Bobby Mack was on the radio on Leafs Lunch today and he said that they are looking very hard for a D man with term and that while they don't want to trade their 2021 1st especially. Since they didn't have one last year they may not have a choice because the Marlies have been depleted since most of them are now NHL players.

Look it's not ideal but I'm OK with it because deapite what some will tell you the Leafs are in full on go for it mode and should be, their top 9 is locked up, the backup goaltending, which was a MAJOR problem is fixed for this season and next.

The 2021 pick won't be as high as this pick could be because you won't have Michael Hutchinson pissing away points like he did this season.

So if you can use the 2021 1st to get a RHD with term why not?

It's the last major hole they have.

Reactions: Cams and The90

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
So Bobby Mack was on the radio on Leafs Lunch today and he said that they are looking very hard for a D man with term and that while they don't want to trade their 2021 1st especially. Since they didn't have one last year they may not have a choice because the Marlies have been depleted since most of them are now NHL players.

Look it's not ideal but I'm OK with it because deapite what some will tell you the Leafs are in full on go for it mode and should be, their top 9 is locked up, the backup goaltending, which was a MAJOR problem is fixed for this season and next.

The 2021 pick won't be as high as this pick could be because you won't have Michael Hutchinson pissing away points like he did this season.

So if you can use the 2021 1st to get a RHD with term why not?

It's the last major hole they have.
No first in 3 consecutive years? Ouch. If it's for a RHD with term, the first won't be enough anyways, so it's gonna sting.

Reactions: Ciao

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
I hope they mortage the future. The team is going nowhere, trading picks won't change that. Gonna get smoked in the first round either way.

Reactions: CapSpace

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Makes no sense, just competing with Florida to get smashed by Boston. Why mortgage the future on a lost season

Because the future is not as certain as you seem to think :P . We have taken them to 7 twice in a row and Washington to 7 the year before that. We just need to learn how to win a game 7.

To be fair, a lot of us feel like this is not our year but if the D is a keeper, say like Manson, it could work. Still it is becoming a concern with how much future we are spending.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Dubas knows he needs to fix his defense, but doesn't have the guts to actually make a trade that he should make, to fix it.

He needs a Drouin for Sergachev type move, but just seems to love hoarding his forwards.
I think it's just a matter of finding a dance partner. I'd say he has shown "guts" in his summer trades.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Makes no sense, just competing with Florida to get smashed by Boston. Why mortgage the future on a lost season

It's not just about this year, this is a very VERY good roster that couldn't get a save from their backup for months and it cost them 8-14 points but that hole has been filled with Jack Campbell, if you take almost this exact same roster into next season except you now have a Josh Manson, or Adam Larsson, or somebody else it's a much better team because you won't have Hutch pissing away points.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
There’s this player named Manson on the Ducks. I think we’ve had 50 threads of talk regarding him by the Leaf fans. If 2021 is in play? Then this should be re visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad