GDT: Leafs @ Devils - 7pm - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
First of a back to back. Which I normally love... not so in this case. Devils HAVE to win this one and pretty much all 4 of their remaining games.

Probably will be another survive the first scenario vs a desperate team.

Wonder if there will be any lineup changes to keep guys freshish? Team arrived at Newark just after midnight... not too bad.

Reactions: PromisedLand

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
First of a back to back. Which I normally love... not so in this case. Devils HAVE to win this one and pretty much all 4 of their remaining games.

Wonder if there will be any lineup changes to keep guys freshish? Team arrived at Newark just after midnight... not too bad.

I got in just after midnight as well.
Hopefully they're feeling a little fresher than I am.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Most important thing to me is to come out of this game healthy, that’s it. And maybe Matthews scoring a goal or 2.
Absolutely, most important thing is to come out of all the remaining games healthy. We're very close to gaining 2nd place with a few more wins, but that doesn't supercede health. Because of our great road record, I'm not sure whether it benefits us to start at home anyways.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I think they need to be thinking of themselves as heartbreakers. Knock some of the hope out of NJ tonight.

The last thing this team needs to do is find the coast button.

And we need Willie to get to 100pts.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Probably a Leafs win and a Florida loss tonight just as I am coming around to the idea of not wanting home ice in the first round against florida.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Despite his scoring, Jack Hughes is awful on the draw .. 37% this year, 35% on his career. And only takes a fraction of the draws for his line.

He has some work to do there if he wants to grow into that lauded top line centre.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Looking forward to see the Leafs put in a "pro win" - second game of a back to back, very good teams find a way to win these games, usually by committee.

Next goal by Matthews ties him with the great Dave Keon for 3rd most goals, all-time in Leafs history . . . and it would also be the top goal total in the Rocket Richard trophy era. Pretty significant one! For me it's all about #66 - past that, 70 would be cool but it'll be real tough to get there.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021

Naw they are done. No shot 87 points gets you to the playoffs.

Reactions: wingman75

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I think they need to be thinking of themselves as heartbreakers. Knock some of the hope out of NJ tonight.

That's what I've been saying. Some have scoffed that milestones and numbers don't mean much but I think that's not true in hockey personally and in Willy's case signing that contract mid season in this environment, it is pretty significant he is considered a 100 point top 10 scorer.

Someone tried to come at me with no one cares about this but that's such a bad take I didn't even reply.

5 games left , needs 4 points. Maybe more to maintain top 10 status (he's dropped to 10th). Get it done Willy. This is Toronto.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Seems more and more likely Jarnkrok won’t be on the playoff roster to start. He’s been out way too long now and not enough time to be ready.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
What's the story with Jarnkrok. Is he ever not going to play?
He got reinjured and they said he would be out until playoffs most likely. At this point no use risking him, best to let him get as healthy as possible.

No excuse to not win this one really besides it being a back-to-back situation, especially after getting punked by the Devils in a poor showing last time around at home.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

We need Willie to want to get to 100 points more. JT Miller reached 100 points last night with 3 helpers. If Willie gets 100, does Marner merit more money than Willie since he has never put up 40 goals or 100 points in a season? Asking for Tre.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
We need Willie to want to get to 100 points more. JT Miller reached 100 points last night with 3 helpers. If Willie gets 100, does Marner merit more money than Willie since he has never put up 40 goals or 100 points in a season? Asking for Tre.
It's a nice milestone, and no reason to think he won't get there well before the end of the season given that their next three games are NJD, NJD and Detroit.

Reactions: ToneDog

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Seems more and more likely Jarnkrok won’t be on the playoff roster to start. He’s been out way too long now and not enough time to be ready.
Keefe will be a fool and throw him in anyways. He did that with Andreas Johnsson who missed the entire year during the Columbus series, and the guy was f***ing atrocious.

Reactions: shaner8989

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

That's all that's left to cheer for, Willy to get 100 and Matthews 70 goals. Home ice advantage is not worth cheering for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad