Recalled/Assigned: Leafs demote Holmberg to Marlies

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I suspect they’re calling up Clifford tomorrow for the Winnipeg game (Marlies have a game tonight, letting him play in that to keep him fresh)
Why do they need Clifford to play?

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Have you seen the games against Winnipeg?
We now have Hunt who can throw, and McMann is also not afraid to throw and go.

Add ZAR and Benn, and we don't need to add an anchor like Clifford and basically kill our 4th line that has been able to generate a strong forecheck and not be a liability every time the are on the ice.

I don't see future call-ups for Clifford in the picture at all

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Important to note the Marlies are playing Bellville next. Easy way to get Holmberg some solid minutes.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Probably giving him a few games in the minors to get back into the groove of things. He’s missed some time with the flu.

Reactions: Buds17

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I thought this might be about claiming someone on waivers but it's likely just a McMann trial.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have seen him scrum in Marlies games.

More than capable of grabbing someone and rasslin' them down to the ground, which is often enough.

Most of the guys on our team will grab someone if they need to.

There just are a lot fewer cases of when that is the right/smart thing to do than fans think. Guys like Bunting do not really care, which is why he is endearing to fans, but he makes a lot of boneheaded decisions when it comes to not getting involved in scrums. Keefe probably tolerates it because Bunting is playing well and provides a ton of skill value, but if ZAR/Hunt did that consistently, they'd be sitting in the press box.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad