Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks 2 Dec, 7:00 pm EST (4:00 pm PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
My favourite post in OP is ChaQumbo laughing that the Leafs haven't won a cup since the Canucks having been in existence, when Vancouver has never won a cup and entered the league only 3 years after the Leafs last cup, putting them at 47 years as a team and no cup.

Took the words out of my mout...fingers.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Great thing about last night is that they didn't play well enough to become overconfident like they usually get after a good game. Or else Vancouver would be another frustrating trap game.

The players know that they're lucky to get two points yesterday.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I'm sorry Van fans, but when we sell the most merch, draw the most eyes and therefore by extension pay for everything...damn right we'll start the game at 4 p.m.

It's a damn Saturday, for f*** sakes.

Reactions: PromisedLand

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks starting Nylander on the fourth line for one more game wouldn't be a bad thing? He gets to be the best player on the ice when he's out there and he clearly made the best of the situation and ice time last night.

Or do you think the slump is sufficiently busted and it's back to the top line?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks starting Nylander on the fourth line for one more game wouldn't be a bad thing? He gets to be the best player on the ice when he's out there and he clearly made the best of the situation and ice time last night.

Personally I think it's over and he's about to go off, and that's bad for everybody because he and Matthews play a lot together, so if Nylander goes off that means Matthews goes off and the Leafs become even better than they are now and that's scary to think that they could get better

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I was hoping for 4 points out of this road trip but now I am getting greedy and expecting more points (am I bad?)

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
hnic-toronto-at-vancouver-edmonton-at-calgary.jpg

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

I mean even without the "terrible media biased toward the leafs" which game honestly gets the 7PM pacific start time out of those 2? Vancouver vs a eastern team or the battle of alberta?. Obviously no matter what the leafs game will be 7PM ET but the 2nd game adds reasoning to it as well

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I think its hilarious that these irrelevant markets think that we care about them hating us... our team is better, our province is the richest and most developed, and we have the most dedicated fans in the league... we don’t care what you obnoxious jets or oiler fans have to say! The go leafs go chants (which were louder) after every single lets go oilers last night was awesome.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
LOL why are canuck fans talkin about Cups when they're never gonna win one. Their best chance to win one was back in 2011 when the sedin sisters were in their prime but they still blew it LMAOO :laugh:

Another fan base experiencing the little brother syndrome. What else is new.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I mean even without the "terrible media biased toward the leafs" which game honestly gets the 7PM pacific start time out of those 2? Vancouver vs a eastern team or the battle of alberta?. Obviously no matter what the leafs game will be 7PM ET but the 2nd game adds reasoning to it as well

People who use that argument are either misinformed or just ignorant. It's not like the Leafs call up the NHL and demand they play at 7pm local time in Vancouver.

The argument Nucks fans have is that if the December 19th game (Montreal @ Vancouver) is at 7:00pm PST, the Toronto @ Vancouver game should also be 7:00 PST.

Well that's just it. No it shouldn't. The Habs don't have the large fanbase they claim to have. This timing discrepancy further proves what I've been arguing all along about the Leafs having a significantly larger fanbase across Canada than the Habs and why the Leafs are indeed Canada's Team by a long shot. Majority of the Canadiens fanbase is in Quebec and the large Western Canada Habs fanbase are actually Anglo-Quebecers who moved west (particularly to Calgary) after PQ took control and enacted French language laws in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pocket Hercules

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
HNIC prefers running two games on Saturdays so it makes no sense for them to run Calgary/Edmonton at 4 and then Toronto/Vancouver at 7. Montreal is playing at 7 on the 19th because there isn’t a better Canadian team game out west. Toronto plays Carolina at 4 and that game or the Ottawa Nashville game (also at 4) will take up the early slot

(Pacific time)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Nice to see Daniel get a 1000 points. I just hope the ceremony isn't a snooze fest like the Pavel Bure retirement ceremony. Nucks seem to always have these big ceremonies whenever the Leafs come to town. They really need to hire a new event manager and organizer.

Just wondering. Who the hell is Daniel? I thought Canucks employed Sedin sisters; and Daniel is a masculine name.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area

While I agree it wouldn't be the worst thing for him, Babs also has to reward him. It can't be a one way street. Willy earned his way back on to Matthews wing. It might discourage him for a performance like that to not change anything.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's only the lower mainland (Metro Vancouver) where the anti-Toronto strife is strong. The rest of BC seems normal...normal as in your your typical western Canada banter against the east. But Metro Vancouver on the other hand has some serious self confidence issues it seems.

Only in Vancouver would you tie a jersey to the bottom of bus and drag it on the road or have people walk over it. That's what Metro News did.

Then you even had our former Premier Christy Clark taking shots at the Leafs.

Like I said, Oilers and Flames fans might be chatty, but it's all in good humour.

The Canucks fanbase really HATE the Leafs...and I use that word strongly. This video below sums up what I mean...it's just really weird.

As Ron Burgandy had wisely said to Chicago; repeating the wisdom again

"Go f*** yourself Vancouver"

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Love listening to coasters loose their crap over the 4pm start time. Pretty sure Mathews requested it. Taking a few of the nuck girlfriends out for dinner after

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Should be a great game, we shouldn't take the Canucks lightly. Wouldn't say I'm worried about Saturday night but they play like Vegas, can't really get outworked. We have to be game-ready.

Thankfully, I have more faith in the Leafs, in general, on a Saturday night than on a weekday evening.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
toronto's the biggest sports market in the history of history. why should people criticize us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad