Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpg

1092121155849.jpg

Hockey Night in Canada: Maple Leafs at Bruins
Saturday game preview: Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins

Rivals wrap up home-and-home set at TD Garden.

Saturday game preview: Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins | Toronto Star

chara_leafs.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x644.jpg

Towering Bruins defenceman Zdeno Chara cuts down Leaf James van Riemsdyk's options with teammate Mitch Marner setting a screen when the teams met last March. (Rick Madonik / Toronto Star)

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Fri., Nov. 10, 2017

TD GARDEN
FACEOFF:
7 p.m.
TV: CBC
RADIO: TSN 1050
KEY PLAYERS
The veterans
The Bruins boast a solid leadership core with defenceman Zdeno Chara and centre Patrice Bergeron. The six-foot-nine Chara offers a size mismatch with any winger who comes his way, although the Leafs’ James van Riemsdyk, at six-foot-four, comes close to holding his own. With Auston Matthews hurt, the Leafs don't have anyone with quite the two-way game of Bergeron.
NEED TO KNOW
This will be the Bruins' fifth game in eight days. . . . Boston is still without forwards David Backes (colon surgery) and David Krejci (upper body) and defenceman Adam McQuaid (broken right fibula). . . . Boston is much better at home (5-2-2) than on the road (1-3-1 heading into Friday). . . . The Bruins have gone 110-58-13 in games in which they have had a fighting major since the 2011-12 season. . . . The last game not to sell out in Boston was Dec. 2, 2009.
UP NEXT
Thursday vs. New Jersey Devils, 7 p.m.

Game Preview: Bruins vs. Leafs Round Two 11/11/17

Take two! Can the Bruins take 3 points from their home and home versus familiar Atlantic foes?

by Colin Beswick@CBeswick Nov 11, 2017, 7:01am EST
Game Preview: Bruins vs. Leafs Round Two 11/11/17

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Too bad we can't start Andersen again. He's 9-0 against the Bruins.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
They should be starting Andersen. The leafs don' play again until Thursday. Giving him plenty of rest. Mcbackup is absolutely terrible. Would rather bring up Picard or sparks.

Reactions: dsred

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think Enroth got 2 or 3 losses before being kicked to the curb last season. They better hold McBackup to the same standard.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I get that it's so McElhinney will actually play games, but I think this is an instance where you play Andersen in back-to-back games.

Andersen should start this game...Dubynk played Montreal right after losing to us because Boudreau realized its a big game for his team. A lot of teams have games in hand on us at the moment, it is crucial to put our best lineup to get those points.

If McElhinney continues to play bad, the Leafs have to move on. He only costs 100k against the cap if we send him down.

Bring up Sparks or Pickard in a back up role. We need competent goaltending in the backup position, especially while Andersen is still working on getting his game back.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is going to be a tough game, I would like to see more intensity and better defensive effort

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
It feels like we're just giving away 2 points by starting McElhinney.
He cant go after andy anymore so now he has to spin the mac headlines. Tough times for the team reimer cultists. I for one dont think anyone will ever reach reimer's level of heartfullness, quick... spin stories about our starter.... shit hes playing great.... okay go after mac then!!!!!!!

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
In other news, glad to see that mo decided he wanted to be a 1 d after all, keep going mo!

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Bruins at home are going to have the advantage with the line match ups, let's see what kind of strategy Babs is going to apply

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He cant go after andy anymore so now he has to spin the mac headlines. Tough times for the team reimer cultists. I for one dont think anyone will ever reach reimer's level of heartfullness, quick... spin stories about our starter.... **** hes playing great.... okay go after mac then!!!!!!!

Congratulations are in order. Frederik Andersen has finally become a .900 goalie after last night! That's why I'd play the .901SV% goalie who is playing better than the goalie who isn't playing well.

What is your problem? Do you not like facts? Who is bringing up Reimer again, you or me?

Reimer is roughly the same as Andersen, a couple wins won't change that, I am sorry if that hurts your feelings. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That's why I'd play the .901SV% goalie who is playing better than the goalie who isn't playing well.
Well first of all, goalies on back to backs generally post awful numbers. Worse than average backup numbers. Worse than what you could expect from McElhinney.

Secondly, if we don't give our backups games when it's a back to back, when are we going to do it? We can't have Andersen play 81 games.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Congratulations are in order. Frederik Andersen has finally become a .900 goalie after last night! That's why I'd play the .901SV% goalie who is playing better than the goalie who isn't playing well.

What is your problem? Do you not like facts? Who is bringing up Reimer again, you or me?

Reimer is roughly the same as Andersen, a couple wins won't change that, I am sorry if that hurts your feelings. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Dear god.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well first of all, goalies on back to backs generally post awful numbers. Worse than average backup numbers. Worse than what you could expect from McElhinney.

Secondly, if we don't give our backups games when it's a back to back, when are we going to do it? We can't have Andersen play 81 games.

No we can't but we can strategically play the starter if our next game is on Thursday. That is almost five full days of rest.

Dubynk played against us and then played against Montreal the next day. Andersen is starting to get into a rhythm, he's played well the last week, why not play him? Plus he's 9-0-0 against Boston in his career. If there is any game he should play back to back, it's this one.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
No we can't but we can strategically play the starter if our next game is on Thursday. That is almost five full days of rest.

Dubynk played against us and then played against Montreal the next day. Andersen is starting to get into a rhythm, he's played well the last week, why not play him? Plus he's 9-0-0 against Boston in his career. If there is any game he should play back to back, it's this one.
I'm not saying starters can't be good two days in a row, but it's a bad bet.

Plus, he's just getting his game back. I don't want to risk that by overworking him and bringing him right back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad