Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #9

Prospect Ranking#9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He has no official tie to the Maple Leafs at all at this point. Not sure why he's even on there.

I'd consider holding his NHL rights to be an 'official tie' to the Leafs. Maybe he shouldn't be considered a prospect for that but he's definitely tied to us.

So what. It's prospect ranking, not Calder probability chart.

That's the guideline OP used for a prospect. I don't think it's unreasonable for a guy who spent half the season in the NHL to be more considered an NHLer as opposed to a prospect, there has to be some sort of cutoff to eliminate guys like Marincin who played in the NHL but is in the AHL now and still sorta young. Picking Calder eligibility doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
dakota Joshua was my vote. The guy is a big center with a lot of potential, I hope we look to sign him

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I think Engvall will be a NHLer in some capacity. Having him ranked 9th says a lot about our prospect pool.

We may be lacking that top end talent due to lots of graduates, but we are still very deep.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I've been holding out on posting my opinions, they're quite a bit different than these results so far...

My rankings are how I view our prospects as assets. For the most part, I wouldn't trade a prospect for another one below him in this list.

List is divided into tiers

Tier 1
1) RD Liljegren <- Top end talent, well rounded player, fills a positional need
2) LD Sandin <- Thinks the game well, seems to be an overall solid player
3) LD Dermott <- Look at Sandin. Sandin's U18 year was better than Dermott's
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tier 2
3) LD Borgman <- Showed signs of being a VERY good player last season. With more confidence and NA experience, could be our next Kronwall.
3) LW Grundstrom <- Knack for the net, sticking with the Red-winged theme, a 'Holmstrom/Franzen hybrid'.
4) RW Kapanen <- Definite NHLer at this point, but is he a great 3rd line guy, or will he be better than that?
4) LW Johnsson <- Same as Kapanen, really.
5) LW/RW Korshkov <- Really undervalued here IMHO. Similar caliber prospect to Kapanen and Johnsson
6) RD Rasanen <- Based on upside more than anything. He is still very much a boom/bust prospect in my eyes.
7) G Woll <- This year was a little bit of a 'set back', but nothing to be concerned about. Lets see if he 'rebounds'.
8) RD Durzi <- Had a very solid year. Is getting overlooked by some because he was an overager.

Tier 3
9) LD Kral <- Borderline Tier 2... I think he could develop into a Dermott calliber prospect.
10) LW Engvall <- Starting to look like he has a good shot at the NHL as a depth peice. Speed and size is a good combo.
11) RW Bracco <- Honestly, this is a bit high for me... but there seems to be a lot of Bracco love here, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
12) LD Gordeev <- Like Engvall, speed and size is there. I really hope he takes another step forward this season.
13) C Der-Arguchintsev <- Good skillset, very much a boom/bust prospect.
14) C Stotts <- A little more safer bet than SDA, but doesn't have the same potential IMO.
15) LD Rosen <- Very solid season with the Marlies. Deserves an NHL shot next season. Could be a solid 3rd pair guy.
16) LW/RW Chebykin <- Could be ranked even higher. Seems to be developing well in Russie.
17) C/W Kara <- Same as Chebykin.
18) RD Ozhiganov <- I actually really like this signing, and think he could potentially be better than Connor Carrick
19) RD Lindgren <- Has always been this 'untapped potential' guy. Really intrigued to see how he develops in NA.
20) C Joshua <- Overlooked a little bit. Seems to have a little setback this season, but still a good prospect.
21) G Scott <- Stuck on a poor team, he appears to have the tools to be a good goaltender.
22) G Zach Bouthillier <- Still don't know much about him, similar boat to Scott I'd think.
23) LD O'Connell <- In some ways, I view O'Connell the same way I do Lindgren. There could be something there, we'll just wait and see.
24) LW Timashov <- Still a fan of Timashov, and he could have a Johnsson type development progression. Johnsson was still in the SHL two seasons ago...
25) C/LW Holmberg <- A Bergman pick, this guy in all likelihood will rise on our prospect charts in future years.
26) RD Hollowell <- Seems to be highly regarded by out scouting staff, I'll give him a benefit of the doubt.
27) C Brooks <- Still quite young, I think there is still 'Bozak' potential in Brooks. Bozak was a freshman in college during his U22 season.
28) LD Greenway <- Slipping down our depth chart, but he's still a nice prospect to have in our organization.

Tier 4
29) LW Moore <- Talent is there, but I don't see how he makes it on our team. Won't be surprised if another team lacking prospect depth picks Moore up.
30) LW Marchment
31) RW Kizimov
32) C Aaltonen <- Solid player, largely goes down my list due to no longer staying in NA.
33)G Kasimir Kaskisuo
34) LD Andrew Nielsen <- Big faller for me, doesn't seem to have the ability to get the footspeed needed for the NHL
35) C Ryan McGregor
36) LW Martins Dzierkals
37)G Eamon McAdam

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
It's really interesting now. I have a bunch of guys who should be ahead of Rosen: Rasanen, Aaltonen, Woll and Engvall at the very least. Possibly Ozhiganov as well. Really at this point I am just picking off of the top of my list because it's totally different than this one.

Scott Malkinson

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t think he’s anything special, but what’s with all the Rosen hate? Lol
It's not hate. I love Rosen and what he could do for us in the next couple years but a guy like Rasanen projects to be a better player, given the 5 year age difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00