Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #24

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%
13. Brad Ross - 24.21%
14. Dominic Toninato - 23.42%
15. Tom Nilsson - 24.81%
16. Garret Sparks - 26.47%
17. Carter Verhaeghe - 28.74%
18. David Broll - 37.08%
19. Connor Brown - 42.68%
20. Andrew MacWilliam - 22.86%
21. Tony Cameranesi - 45.71%
22. Spencer Abbott - 30.36%
23. Kenny Ryan - 28.87%

Viktor Loov
Andrew Crescenzi
Kevin Marshall
Fabrice Herzog
Chris Gibson
Ryan Rupert
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Sam Carrick
Eric Knodel
Andreas Johnson
Antoine Bibeau
Dennis Robertson

N/A
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21
Prospect Ranking #22
Prospect Ranking #23

Suggest who I should add next :)

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Herzog / loov.

Why does gibson already have 3 now outta no where... was an article posted about how sweet he is ? If so, where can I read it and how do I change my vote !

MuchoMacho

Jul 19, 2009
Penalty Box
I gotta give you guys props. When I watch a game at the bar or with friends 99% of people don't know who guys like Asthon or Biggs are. People are impressed when I mention Scrivens was a free agent signing out of collegiate hockey, etc. The top 10 prospects I offered my opinion on but to see almost 100 votes on who's the Leafs 23rd best prospect? Lol I'd like to know how many of you actually know the kid's game as compared to just picking one at random.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I gotta give you guys props. When I watch a game at the bar or with friends 99% of people don't know who guys like Asthon or Biggs are. People are impressed when I mention Scrivens was a free agent signing out of collegiate hockey, etc. The top 10 prospects I offered my opinion on but to see almost 100 votes on who's the Leafs 23rd best prospect? Lol I'd like to know how many of you actually know the kid's game as compared to just picking one at random.

Well seeing as how your location is Dominican Republic, maybe that's your problem lol

I can't see many Dominicans at the bar knowing who Ashton or Biggs are :laugh:

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Frazer McLaren had 3 goals, 2 assists, 5 points in 35 games last year. Over and 82 game schedule that is 7 goals, 4 assists, 11 points.

In 34 games last year with the Marlies and Bulls Devane put up 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points. There is only a 3.5 year difference in age.

Also considering McLaren didn't play an overage year in junior, he had a slightly better junior career offensively as well. In his final year he had 19 goals and 40 points.

At best Devane will be better in the future, NOT next year. At worst they're careers are comparable.

Last edited:

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
Devane defs has better upside than mclaren. Mclarens goals werent any good, they were greasy.. but that is exactly what youd love to see outta that type of player.

Devane has better hands but is adjusting to the pro game.

I personally would take mclaren, any man who laughs maniacally while fighting is truly a gem.

canary

Jan 20, 2011
Toronto
I did not say Devane was better than McLaren right now. Trust me, I am perfectly capable of typing www.hockeydb.com into my address bar just as you are.

I did say I would rather see Devane in the NHL than McLaren right now. Unless the Leafs have plans of developing Devane into something more than a 4th line fighter I'd like to see him get the chance.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I went with Knodel. I just have a feeling he's going to turn a lot of heads this year.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I know he is new, so some may not be familiar, but Chris Gibson SHOULD be top 25. He has a high ceiling. A long way to go, but a high ceiling. No defenceman or forward their has the potential to really be a top 2 D or a top line forward, but Gibson does have the potential to be a starter.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I know he is new, so some may not be familiar, but Chris Gibson SHOULD be top 25. He has a high ceiling. A long way to go, but a high ceiling. No defenceman or forward their has the potential to really be a top 2 D or a top line forward, but Gibson does have the potential to be a starter.

This!

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Still some interesting names left.

Voted for Kevin Marshall. A defenseman with already NHL experience, is a solid top 4 AHL defenseman, good defensive game, he's tough, good leader and a good first pass as well. Can be a decent bottom pairing defenseman in the future.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005

The question remains then: why, if this is so, did LA not sign such a sterling prospect, on whom they had spent a high draft pick? I am pleased to have him on our list but let's not get too excited here.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
I actually like Devane. I think he was picked high because he has the potential as more than a fighter. He's also an absolute monster though in terms of size and fighting ability. A future super heavyweight for sure.

but I voted for Marshall again

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
I actually like Devane. I think he was picked high because he has the potential as more than a fighter. He's also an absolute monster though in terms of size and fighting ability. A future super heavyweight for sure.

but I voted for Marshall again

Agreed, voted Marshall, then my next vote will be Devane.

I like Devane who has monster size and could be a future heavywieght like you said, and he skates very well for a big man and an heavyweight, and he's pretty good on the PK I think. So a big heavyweights that skates well and play on the PK is very valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad