Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #23

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%
13. Brad Ross - 24.21%
14. Dominic Toninato - 23.42%
15. Tom Nilsson - 24.81%
16. Garret Sparks - 26.47%
17. Carter Verhaeghe - 28.74%
18. David Broll - 37.08%
19. Connor Brown - 42.68%
20. Andrew MacWilliam - 22.86%
21. Tony Cameranesi - 45.71%
22. Spencer Abbott - 30.36%

Kenny Ryan
Viktor Loov
Andrew Crescenzi
Kevin Marshall
Fabrice Herzog
Chris Gibson
Ryan Rupert
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Sam Carrick
Eric Knodel
Andreas Johnson
Antoine Bibeau
Dennis Robertson

N/A
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21
Prospect Ranking #22

Suggest who I should add next :)

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Tough call. At this point, it's all basically personal opinion.

Herzog probably has the highest offensive potential. Devane could be an eventual replacement for McLaren/Orr. However, I'm split between Ryan and Loov. To me, they have the greatest chances of being impact NHLers. I'll go with Ryan just because of his professional North American experience.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Ben Maxwell? Isn't he Jets property lol?

Will always remember him as the guy that Hab fans hyped up big time and he ended up being a bust.

Anyway I'll go with Herzog.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Wouldn't that logic work in reverse as well? How can you discount a kid over in Europe that you've never seen play?

Who said I'm holding it against him, I find it amusing when players like Knoedel are having great seasons here in NA and are being overlooked by players that people have never seen play, but are voting for just because their names ie. Loov, Herzog.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Who said I'm holding it against him, I find it amusing when players like Knoedel are having great seasons here in NA and are being overlooked by players that people have never seen play, but are voting for just because their names ie. Loov, Herzog.

And I was just replying to your exact comment (no mention of you holding anything against anyone), but I somewhat understand your logic. Not that I voted for any of them, but if someone hadn't seen much of Knodel, Loov, or Herzog, then really all they could do is read the scouting reports and make an opinion off of that.

Also, I'm not sure why NA players deserve an automatic advantage.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
And I was just replying to your exact comment (no mention of you holding anything against anyone), but I somewhat understand your logic. Not that I voted for any of them, but if someone hadn't seen much of Knodel, Loov, or Herzog, then really all they could do is read the scouting reports and make an opinion off of that.

Also, I'm not sure why NA players deserve an automatic advantage.

Because they have more exposure to the game on a daily basis and are in closer contact with the people that are eventually going to be calling them up. Not to mention the fact that their agents are on the same continent as the league they will eventually try to play for.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Because they have more exposure to the game on a daily basis and are in closer contact with the people that are eventually going to be calling them up. Not to mention the fact that their agents are on the same continent as the league they will eventually try to play for.

The invention of the telephone and the interwebs has kind of make this a non-issue. :laugh:

Anyways, I'm not going to get into this argument. I was originally just trying to point out how many of us try to rank players who we haven't been able to watch play much. I didn't really expect it to take such a xenophobic turn.

FriedEgg

Sep 26, 2009
Carrick. Mclement 2.0. Same jr coach, similar stats, both captains. Carrick has a little more jam though.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
No right or wrong answers anymore, and there hasn't really been for the last few polls. Pick your favorite. Goin' with Herzog.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Seems funny that Gibson was 10th on the Kings HF listing last year and seems to be out of contention for our top 25.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad