Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker *3 Hour Speed Poll*

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
This better not be tied by this time tomorrow, or I am going to be pissed. :laugh:

You guys are jerks! :rant:

This is a tie breaker for the Leafs #2 rated prospect between Frederik Gauthier and Joe Colborne. The original thread can be found Here.

I will be counting the votes as of 10:18 so I can get the 3rd Prospect Ranking Poll up tonight, and in decent time.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Voted for Gauthier over Bolborne seeing as Gauthier is a much better defensive player and Bolborne hasn't excelled offensively in the last 1.5 years. Seeing as I'd give a small edge to Gauthier instead of Bolborne, after I factor in that Gauthier is still only 18 (or 17? IDK) it's clearly Gauthier IMO.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Voted for Gauthier over Bolborne seeing as Gauthier is a much better defensive player and Bolborne hasn't excelled offensively in the last 1.5 years. Seeing as I'd give a small edge to Gauthier instead of Bolborne, after I factor in that Gauthier is still only 18 (or 17? IDK) it's clearly Gauthier IMO.

When he's healthy though, he has. Playing through that injury was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard, and it may end up ruining his NHL career, but when he's been feeling good, he's playing good, to the tune of around a point a game in the AHL and an All Star appearance. That and he's looked good in limited action in the bigs and I have to give him the edge over Gauthier, who I think is supremely talented but very raw.

Jacob8hockey*

Can the loser just be declared as #3 or where you going to do the whole vote again?

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
If Bolborne is given a chance at the NHL level this year and doesn't look able then i'd have no issues with his free-fall down this list. Many draft picks don't even make it to the AHL, let alone become point a game players in that league.

Although they are different players, and timeline wise, Kadri is 2 years younger, i can no more discount Bolborne today than i could discount Kadri before last season.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Bolborne, still a supporter of his. I think he played solid in the playoffs and is definitely NHL material. Just needs a chance.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I still think Colborne is the right selection here if we are voting today. I fully expect Gautrhier to surpass him, but as of now I can not discredit Colborne's accomplishments and lack of track record for Gauthier. I would absolutely love it if Gauthier replaces him on my personal list this season though! :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
No one wants to mess with the poll to screw with Schenn? :(

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
I love how all I could see throughout the draft thread about Gauthier was complaining but yet he manages to be the consensus for 2nd best prospect. Soo...

A) those people never came to vote

B) Our prospect depth must suck

C) People finally see this kids potential.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
Between Fred and Joe I personally think Gauthier is better in this stage of their careers. Joe Colborne still has lots of time to blossom. Some guys don't breakout until their 28.

Big Joe has showed a lot in his short time in the NHL and I think he should be given a decent chance.

#2: Gauthier
#3: Finn
#4: Colborne

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I love how all I could see throughout the draft thread about Gauthier was complaining but yet he manages to be the consensus for 2nd best prospect. Soo...

A) those people never came to vote

B) Our prospect depth must suck

C) People finally see this kids potential.

I think it's more C. or perhaps a case of new shiny toy. Either way I am very pleased to have Fed in our system, but still am going to Jumbo Joe here :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad