Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #16

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%
13. Brad Ross - 24.21%
14. Dominic Toninato - 23.42%
15. Tom Nilsson - 24.81%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Viktor Loov
Andrew Crescenzi
Kevin Marshall
Fabrice Herzog
David Broll
Ryan Rupert
Jamie Devane
Andrew MacWilliam
Sam Carrick
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Carter Verhaeghe

Max Everson
Dennis Robertson
Eric Knodel
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15

Suggest who I should add next :)

Leafs For Life*

Taking Brown now, sometimes feeding off of a great player helps.

bruyns

Jan 18, 2011
Barrie
Surprised Broll is still there personally. Don't think he will be amazing, but fully expect him to be a 4th line NHLer where as most of the guys left and some already gone have less of a chance of making the Leafs.

I guess I weigh probability of being an NHLer higher than a player's potential ceiling when ranking prospects.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
When you watch the videos from the prospect camps, I think the three best skaters are Rielly, Cameranesi and.... Loov. Loov also looks like the biggest of the three and while he does nothing ambitious or creative with the puck, he handles it very safely. No, I am not claiming he is anywhere near as good a prospect as Rielly. I am just saying that a defenseman of his size and skating ability merits some consideration by this point in the exercise.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
sparks? what the actual f is wrong with you people

:facepalm:

We're voting for our team's 16th best prospect. Did you really come in here expecting objective unanimity?

This isn't an exact science. We kicked off these polls with people voting for a guy because of a typo(see my avatar).

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I can see Verhaeghe really stepping it up offensively and given the most responsibility in the OHL for his team next season.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Wow, no love for Cameranesi. Probably the 2nd best skater in our prospect pool. Hell of a rookie season in the NCAA.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
??? He made team USA and was one of the best goalies in the OHL this year.

I don't see what's so absurd with ranking a 7th rounder 16th.

the number doesnt particularly matter... its the players that are left. People are just picking based on the people they know/hear about from the marlies, and its a joke

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
:facepalm:

We're voting for our team's 16th best prospect. Did you really come in here expecting objective unanimity?

This isn't an exact science. We kicked off these polls with people voting for a guy because of a typo(see my avatar).

Yeah I know that, its impossible to get rid of crap like that, and it kind of sucks that people just vote for the marlies players by default because they dont know about the other euro/usa prospects

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Garret Sparks, G, Guelph Marlies

?????????? garret sparks has been all over the news the last 2 months... you are proving my point exactly, we saw/heard him get put on the marlies and hes a player you hear about on a semi occasional basis, that is the bias im talking about, whereby players who us as fans recognize get a huge bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad