Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #13

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Viktor Loov
Tom Nilsson
Kevin Marshall
Dominic Toninato
David Broll
Brad Ross
Jamie Devane
Andrew MacWilliam
Sam Carrick
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Carter Verhaeghe

Andrew Crescenzi
Max Everson
Dennis Robertson
Eric Knodel
Ryan Rupert
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12

Suggest who I should add next :)

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Dominic Toninato

Kid's a beauty. Then maybe Verhaeghe. Most of the other guys translate to 3rd and 4th liners.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I meant to vote for Toninato but the buttons are close together on an IPad. I inadvertently voted for Cameranesi. But those are the two best prospects left at this stage of the exercise, IMO. Toninato was very productive in the USJHl, and looks bigger than last year at the prospects camp. He still looks as if can add weight to his frame, however.

Cameranesi appears to be one of the three best skaters at the camp. The other two are Rielly an d Loov, IMO.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
These Verhaeghe votes need to stop. Just because he popped a couple of goals yesterday in the scrimmage doesn't mean he automatically cracks the top 15.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Brad ross? is that actually serious? god the marlies players get so much undeserved credit around here.... brad ross wont amount to anything more then a 4th liner in the nhl and he gets ranked higher then brown?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
There are 6-7 options on the board that are better prospects than McKegg.

McKegg is my least favourite prospect since John Doherty.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Brad ross? is that actually serious? god the marlies players get so much undeserved credit around here.... brad ross wont amount to anything more then a 4th liner in the nhl and he gets ranked higher then brown?

Just because Dallas Eakins was a total ****** to Ross last year, doesn't mean he won't turn into something useful. Let us see what he amounts to when he's given more than 5 minutes of ice time every 2 weeks and actually encouraged to be physical this year (what i hope the new coach will do).

... but, i'd have Brown higher too. haha. For sure.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
These Verhaeghe votes need to stop. Just because he popped a couple of goals yesterday in the scrimmage doesn't mean he automatically cracks the top 15.

he is talented enough, I for one wouldnt base his ranking off of just a prospect camp, but his last year in the ohl.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Just because Dallas Eakins was a total ****** to Ross last year, doesn't mean he won't turn into something useful. Let us see what he amounts to when he's given more than 5 minutes of ice time every 2 weeks and actually encouraged to be physical this year (what i hope the new coach will do).

All that may be true... we'll see. But in this exercise what the prospects actually do or have done is probably a better predictor than what we hope they will do. I hope Ross will do better with a different coach and a year's pro experience under his belt but what can be said so far is that he was unable to earn a role as a regular, even on the bottom six, in the AHL. That makes this a little too high a position in this exercise, IMO.

By the way, Ross seems to be alternating between good and mediocre years so far.

17-18 Draft year: good
18-19: Mediocre, little progression in production despite playing with excellent teammates and some discipline problems
19-20 : very productive and effective final year of junior on a strong team
20-21: mostly in the press box or on the bench for his first pro year

If this really is a pattern and not an interesting fluke, we might expect a much better year this season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't hate these rankings so far, but there are two prospects who are getting very overrated - Biggs and Blacker.

IMO, neither belong in our top-10 anymore.

Ashton and McKegg belong in the top-10 instead of them.

Leivo should be moved up as well. At least top-5, but probably top-3.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
this is why I hate doing these rankings after the development camp.

The only guys who really try at these things are the guys on invites and some of the newly drafted players.

The rest of them are pissed because they have to attend this no-deal 3 day camp where everyone is making judgements on them before they've really gotten into summer training.

You people are making all these pass-offs on these players based on this 2-day scrimmage.

Wait until the prospects camp where they're playing against people who aren't their teammates, and after they've done their training and are ready for the season. That's when you'll see guys like Biggs actually trying because THAT is where you get your invite to the big camp.

I like Leivo as much as the next guy but most of you are overrating him because he played well in that nothing scrimmage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad