Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Crosby! 4-1

EDDIE20*

When he pots a few, he will be well worth the 5.25. Great in the dressing room, 100% on the ice, positionally sound, team player, does whatever necessary to win.

If you are a Center on this team, you want to play with him.

I dig his attitude. He just sounds so down to earth about the whole thing. Definitely a good team player.

Tyler Biggs*

Ahahah Kadri's celebration after every single goal is priceless.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson

These two lines were absolutely vicious last night. Kadri's line was consistently dangerous while Bolland's line kept Crosby off the scoreboard.

Of course the efforts of the lines would be naught if not for Optimus Reim. He's definitely earned his next start now.

Big win, people keep telling me we can't beat winning teams, Anaheim and Pittsburgh are definitely winning teams. I just hope we can continue to play well through out the season. I've seen this too many times, we start great and end poorly.

GO LEAFS GO

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I dig his attitude. He just sounds so down to earth about the whole thing. Definitely a good team player.

All we need and I have said this all year, and more so after seeing Ranger for 12 games now. Is an upgrade at D. I am not blaming Ranger, he just isn't at the level a championship team needs. That's the ultimate test. Fraser will help with his error free game.

But I'd like to upgrade Gunnar's slot and drop him down to #3 or #4.

This would make us a serious contender if we can ice a full line up which we still haven't. 8-4 with a tonne of injuries and suspensions.

EDDIE20*

I can't wait til we ice a full roster. I want to see what the whole team is capable of.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So the Leafs lose to 5-2 to Columbus and then the next day beat up the elite Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1. This is why I love the Leafs lol. You just never know what will happen. I'd like to see Carlyle keep these lines for next game. They looked great.

Leafs won the face-off battle tonight. That goes SO far toward a win when you're not defending after every puck drop. It puts the entire group into a different mode, gets their legs going and keeps the tempo up. Great job Leafs, one to be proud of.

Columbus isnt a bad team anymore, and they have a superb goaltender

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Ahahah Kadri's celebration after every single goal is priceless.

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Raymond-Bolland-Clarkson

These two lines were absolutely vicious last night. Kadri's line was consistently dangerous while Bolland's line kept Crosby off the scoreboard.

Of course the efforts of the lines would be naught if not for Optimus Reim. He's definitely earned his next start now.

Big win, people keep telling me we can't beat winning teams, Anaheim and Pittsburgh are definitely winning teams. I just hope we can continue to play well through out the season. I've seen this too many times, we start great and end poorly.

GO LEAFS GO

They were pretty much invisible until the third period when they really woke up and put on a show.

The story tonight was really how the combination of Bolland, Phaneuf, and Gunnarsson gave the Crosby line (and the Crosby:Malkin PP unit) absolutely nothing. Did they even allow a single serious scoring chance?

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
66773642.png

1496573_300.jpg

Deep_Fried_Man_portrait_-_real_name_Daniel_Friedman_-_South_African_Comedian.jpg

Tyler Biggs*

Arguably the Leafs' best game this season! They looked great in the third period and good in the first. Ashton looked great out there and had his best game as a Leaf! Phanuef and Bolland played really well, Kadri was a absolute beast, and Reimer was beyond stellar. I would love to see the lines stay close to what they were tonight (with Lupul, Kulemin, and Fraser added of course). Go Leafs!

Third period was easily the best 20 minutes of hockey Leafs have played all year. Looked like they just needed some confidence...maybe Carlyle finally found the right line combinations? Who knows, but very solid game against a very good team. Bring on the Oilers!

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Don't know if this has been talked about much but one thing that Clarkson, Bolland and Raymond bring is PO experience. With those guys around we don't have to worry about a game 7 collapse like last season.

That's the line you send out in a game 7 when the rink looks like it's sloped the other way. They have a little bit of everything and all three are defensively conscious.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
That's the line you send out in a game 7 when the rink looks like it's sloped the other way. They have a little bit of everything and all three are defensively conscious.

Having said that, that collapse was just so rare for anybody. If you replay that game again from the time it was 4-1, we win, with that exact same roster. We win that game 9999 times out of 10000. Or any team, for that matter. Don't have to worry about collapses like that no matter what.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Dion should be getting a ton of credit for shutting some of the big boys down in Crosby/Malkin, Toews/Kane, Getzlaf/Perry over the past few games.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't give a **** what people say but Dion is an early candidate for the Norris. He's been a beast all season so far. He completely shut down Perry/Getzlaf/Crosby in one week while playing close to 25 mins a game.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Did anyone notice JVR's celly on Kessel's goal? He's lying down on the ice cause he fell, he passes to phil lying down, lifts his head and sees kessel score, and then puts his hands up and lies back down :laugh:

JAMmer124

Independent Living
Aug 13, 2010
Welland, Ontario
Did anyone notice JVR's celly on Kessel's goal? He's lying down on the ice cause he fell, he passes to phil lying down, lifts his head and sees kessel score, and then puts his hands up and lies back down :laugh:

I noticed that too, i was kinda confused :laugh:

One thing I noticed too was that Kessel was 10x happier when Kadri scored than when he himself scored

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Dion should be getting a ton of credit for shutting some of the big boys down in Crosby/Malkin, Toews/Kane, Getzlaf/Perry over the past few games.

He has arguably been their best player this year. I've been very impressed with Dion. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I wish we had given a better effort on Friday. Even one point would have helped but alas.

Penalty Kill Icing*

That's awesome, thanks. Is this created by CBC? I wish something like this was available on all Leafs games. Sometimes if I miss a game I watch the highlights on a sports show or the news and they show one or two goals. But these extended highlights are great.

They are available for all games. I'll try to post it in post game thread every game. But these only come out about an hour after the final horn.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

Be careful I hear saying something good about Dion is a crime on HFBoards. ;)

In all fairness I think he is trying to make his case for why he should be considered for Team Canada.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Although I don't think we'll feel the full effect Bolland and Clarkson bring to this team until the playoffs (if/when we make it), last night was a damn good example of why they were brought here.

I can't remember the last time Crosby was held off of the scoresheet against TO...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad