Post-Game Talk: Leafs beat Blues 4-1. Bern-yay!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If this team is going to trade Bernier, time to move on it.

Not enough of a sample size of good performances to entice other teams to bite. JMHO.

Now, if he shows this effort consistently for 10-15 more games in a row, a desperate team needing goal tending might come a calling. Again JMHO.

If he does this for the rest of this season, his value will be a lot higher in the off season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
as long as this team gets solid goaltending, it will win plenty of games.

horner

May 22, 2007
Babs is god

He can probably turn any players career around.

Just wait till he gets a hold on

Nylander, marner, Dermott, Timashov, Johnson, Brown and etc.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Babs is god

He can probably turn any players career around.

Just wait till he gets a hold on

Nylander, marner, Dermott, Timashov, Johnson, Brown and etc.

I like these players! But, won't we need to add some Russians? :naughty:

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
3809178.jpg

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Leafs had better shot attempt numbers the entire game until the last few seconds, great game by everyone, they all bought in tonight and played the full 60 minutes.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
as long as this team gets solid goaltending, it will win plenty of games.

We just needed average goaltending to be honest. Doesn't even have to be elite.

Bernier has been good 2 games in a row. Hopefully he can keep his crap together. This team deserves to stay in the race. They've played rather well.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Are people really upset that we are winning? There are good players everywhere in the draft if you have good scouting.

I don't care where we finish anymore. Edmonton still sucks despite a plethora of 1st overall picks. I don't want the Leafs to sell hope, sell me wins.

This team has plenty of talent in the cupboard...probably one of the best prospect pools in the league and we pick like 10 times in the upcoming draft. We'll comfortably still finish top 10 if people are worried but at least the team isn't an embarrassment anymore...they look proud to wear that jersey and work every single night and beat good teams in the league routinely.

If not for a **** start by Bernier, we're in a playoff spot.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal

Bernier has been good 2 games in a row. Hopefully he can keep his crap together. This team deserves to stay in the race. They've played rather well.

Average goaltending in the first month and this team is in right in the middle of it.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

His gam3 has changed, and I mean in the focus department. The most noticable thing I've seen is that when the puck goes behind the net and the leafs are in postition to cleanly get the puck he used to take his eyes off the puck, now he tracks it until the leafs player touches it.
Time will tell, but ive noticed this in his games since the call up except the blow out.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I want to get all of us to get tickets and start a Babcock cheer in the middle of a lull in the game where there isn't a song from fifty years ago playing

Hey they were great songs, but still playing them???

Sundin and Gilmour should have had this type of guy coaching them. Tough, tough hockey but no goon stuff at all.

Babcock rules Toronto, and its just the start. If you are on his fourth line, YOU PLAY!!!!

Six guys owe him a third party wire from your favourite offshore bank.

Again, Komarov and spread out minutes suggest to me, this is JUST the START. No fatigue coming, just more insane effort.

And who are you going to look at and want to compete for??? Babcock, fit as a freaking fiddle or Ken Hitchcock?

I rest my case, the case I have been positing since Burns left.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Our winning percentage since Nov 1 (0.611, 14-8-5) would be good enough for 3rd or 4th place in either conference. If you exclude October, we've been a top 10 team for over 2 months now.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
A great bet is this.... When does the crowd start chanting the coach's name during the game?

Has this ever happened before? Cause its going to happen, I am starting the manifest right now.

Babcock, Babcock, Babcock.......

You know Babcock wants to go out on the ice himself you can feel it, he wants five minutes of Arcobello's ice time and Every player on the team can feel that.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I was at the game tonight. I was impressed with the team but not with the fans. I hope the TML can turn the local folks to actually cheering instead of just sitting on their hands all game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad