GDT: Leafs at Wings, January 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I just had a cubicle thought (basically the same level of crazy as a shower thought).

I am rooting for monster games from Bert and Chiarot both physically and productive. To the point where then Dubas starts panicking about the "playoff" makeup of the Leafs. Wouldn't it be fun to bundle off the both of them in exchange for like Nylander (they'd have to move significant salary) and whatever?

Nylander has been perfectly fine for them in the playoffs. But it would be just like that franchise to go braindead for a moment and do the Swede for two tough Canadians? Sign me up! Similar to Montreal and francophones.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Canada has had nine different PMs (changing PMs ten times) since the last time the Leafs won the Cup.

The U.S. has had 10 different presidents since then.

Reactions: norrisnick

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It will be so awesome if Bill takes over for Chuck in 20 years and the Leafs still don't have another cup.
No shot Chuck hangs around for 20 years, at least as king anyway. I think he'll get his taste for a couple years and then pass that on to Willy.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
No shot Chuck hangs around for 20 years, at least as king anyway. I think he'll get his taste for a couple years and then pass that on to Willy.
Ok, so when Willy's kid (George...Idk and don't really care) takes over in 40 years.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If the game can ressemble the one from last week, I'll be thrilled. I expect a 5-1 loss.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Gonna be tough to lose when Seider has another 4-point game. #LGRW #RakeTheLeafs

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I just had a cubicle thought (basically the same level of crazy as a shower thought).

I am rooting for monster games from Bert and Chiarot both physically and productive. To the point where then Dubas starts panicking about the "playoff" makeup of the Leafs. Wouldn't it be fun to bundle off the both of them in exchange for like Nylander (they'd have to move significant salary) and whatever?

Nylander has been perfectly fine for them in the playoffs. But it would be just like that franchise to go braindead for a moment and do the Swede for two tough Canadians? Sign me up! Similar to Montreal and francophones.
Hey, you remember when that goofball replied to one of your comments with something like "This is the dumbest post I've ever read on HF Boards and I took umbrage -- not at the insult to you, but how that guy was ignoring my body of work?

Here's why I think I can claim that mantle:

I do not take that deal, Bert + Chiarot for Nylander. William Nylander has always seemed sort of weak and soft to me, and kind of meh in terms of production, even on a team that's loaded with talent. Take him off of a line with Auston F*cking Matthews and instead give him Copp and Rasmussen, and watch his numbers drop off the table.

And he's not a center -- we don't need another wing.

Boom, beat that hot take for stupid, son.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
If the game can ressemble the one from last week, I'll be thrilled. I expect a 5-1 loss.
I expect 8 - 0 Red wings.

This is the only game I'm going to this year, and I want them to hang a m*therf*ckin snowman on these darlings of the (almost entirely Canadian) NHL media.

I want to see Little Mitch Marner cry. I want to see wee tiny hot tears streaming down his cherubic cheeks.

I want to see Murray attack John Tavares for a sloppy giveaway and beat him with his goalie stick.

And I don't want to see Auston Matthews anywhere near the rink, that guy really needs a little time off.

L.
G.
R.
W.

LGRW!!!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I expect 8 - 0 Red Wings.
Now we're talking! Hang a snowman it is! Bury those overrated paper tigers!

jack-frost-now-lets-play-some-hockey.gif

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I expect 8 - 0 Red wings.

This is the only game I'm going to this year, and I want them to hang a m*therf*ckin snowman on these darlings of the (almost entirely Canadian) NHL media.

I want to see Little Mitch Marner cry. I want to see wee tiny hot tears streaming down his cherubic cheeks.

I want to see Murray attack John Tavares for a sloppy giveaway and beat him with his goalie stick.

And I don't want to see Auston Matthews anywhere near the rink, that guy really needs a little time off.

L.
G.
R.
W.

LGRW!!!
I don't really have much hate for the Leafs. May I borrow a cup of yours?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He didn’t play last night. Definitely not a maintenance day for him. NHL players aren’t LeQueen James.

I read something saying Matthews could be out a while.
Well then find him in the pressbox and lay him out, whatever, I don't care, someone just hit that turd.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad