Post-Game Talk: Leafs at Canucks - That was embarrassing to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asif16*

Torts aint making a single difference with this team lol. Players are still the same. Diving and embellishing will always be part of their repertoire.

Funny how canucks fans are worshipping their Torts a god lol.

Just wait until the playoffs roll around and the diving will increase and will be front and center. Then canucks fans are gonna call for torts head

Asif16*

Good thing there is clarkson for $5.4 million, might teach the team how to be tough. Must suck when players go down because they couldn't take a board.

Yeah for sure dude. Clarkson might actually teach the canucks how to play a clean physical game. Might learn a lot.

Must suck to cheer for a team that falls on their ass everytime a player scratches them.

Actually it must suck to cheer for a team with no success.

It also must have sucked to see your city get burned down huh?

TmX

Feb 3, 2011
I am sick of listening to excuses. We were away, the refts killed us, the Canucks dive. You guys must be kidding me!
From a mutual prospective the Canucks straight up beat the leafs. Where was Kadri? where was JVR? Where was Kessel? Where was Lupul? There were a few calls that were boarder line but for a team that gets outshot every game it was a matter of time. Under John the Canucks seem to grow some balls and they called Toronto's bluff. I don't understand why Toronto was trying to bully the Canucks instead of playing hockey! Personally I was disappointed with the game! Kessel fighthing Burrows? WHY? Kessel is much better then borrows. Orr fighting statito ? WHY? Orr is much more skilled.
Bolland should of stayed on the ice and the play was prob would of been whistled dead. Regardless I wish him a quick recovery.

Anyways I think that this game got out of hand and its too bad. Next time around Id like to see a more back and forth hockey game rather then a game full of whistles and stops.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wow lots of excuses in here. The leafs got killed and the refs werent that bad, they got worse when the Leafs already showed they were out of the game because the Leafs started running around.

Someone provide evidence of a Canuck diving to get a call that was worse than JVR and I'll believe it and I'm not a Nucks fan by any means

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Wow lots of excuses in here. The leafs got killed and the refs werent that bad, they got worse when the Leafs already showed they were out of the game because the Leafs started running around.

Someone provide evidence of a Canuck diving to get a call that was worse than JVR and I'll believe it and I'm not a Nucks fan by any means

Not sure why you have to come in here and criticize people. Why don't you critique your own board where your fans make excuses for your own team :dunno:

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
I like that the Leafs mods let other fans come in here and defend their team/position, genuinely. Good luck ever doing any thing like that on other team boards which are often just echo chambers.

I hope the beating seeps into our players. Hockey is an effort based sport, and the harder you work, the more you're willing to take, the better you will be. I can see a nice little run coming up. If they react with clunker against the Devs, then you can bet apathy has sunk into the room, and that can be a season killer.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Not sure why you have to come in here and criticize people. Why don't you critique your own board where your fans make excuses for your own team :dunno:

For starters I do that. Secondly, I can post on any board I want. Third, I follow the Leafs and post on this board quite a bit. And lastly, I dont need to make excuses for the wings right now and after a game like that I wouldnt be, I would be pissed that they played like crap.

Nothing wrong with asking for video of all these alleged dives considering the main NHL board is full of these same comments

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nothing wrong with asking for video of all these alleged dives considering the main NHL board is full of these same comments

Based on a true story..

23wk2fc.jpg.gif

lGO4a.gif

gaborik1.gif

keslerboatjumpsmall.gif

34fz7yh.gif

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Safe to say any game where Jay McClement gets more ice time than Phil Kessel, we're gonna lose. When you get to penalty trouble, that's what happens. Phil is our 8 million dollar guy, he has to be out on the ice 20+ minutes on a more consistent basis. I am not blaming Randy for this, I am mad at the team for chasing the puck all night which made them take penalties all game long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad