Post-Game Talk: Leafs are horrendous, lose 6-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Sign Phaneuf to whatever he wants, and send that plug Clarkson to the waiver wires.

Edit: Actually he's not a plug, he's just not worth a top 6 salary.

Signing Phaneuf to whatever he wants would be just plain stupid and suicidal. Phaneuf is good, but, he is far from being a great player on D! If he was great, he'd should have won a Norris trophy by now. He's not as bad, or as good, as many fans claim.

Evil Chris

Oct 7, 2003
Montreal
Team is cold cold cold....

Bolland being out is bad, Clarkson is a loose cannon out there, Kadri too for that matter.
Franson and Reilly... cold.

Things need to heat up.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Signing Phaneuf to whatever he wants would be just plain stupid and suicidal. Phaneuf is good, but, he is far from being a great player on D! If he was great, he'd should have won a Norris trophy by now. He's not as bad, or as good, as many fans claim.

Because every d worth a damn has won a Norris right?

Fakey123

Jan 27, 2009
The NHL might as well just ban body-checking at this point, my God how pathetic was that Phaneuf call... Sadly I was drinking beer watching Scott Stevens hits on Youtube just before this game, my how times have changed. And not for the better.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The NHL might as well just ban body-checking at this point, my God how pathetic was that Phaneuf call... Sadly I was drinking beer watching Scott Stevens hits on Youtube just before this game, my how times have changed. And not for the better.

It was certainly a clean hit, I never heard them mention what the call was?

Fakey123

Jan 27, 2009
2 minutes for Illegal Contact to the Head. It was a blown call, not that upset about it though, not as if it had any impact on the game.

It's just a blow to the integrity of the game of hockey, but its not like this is the first time something like this has happened. The league has been becoming ********* for years now, in my opinion.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
10:50 Toronto Dion Phaneuf: 2 minutes, illegal check to head

According to TSN's box score.

2 minutes for Illegal Contact to the Head. It was a blown call, not that upset about it though, not as if it had any impact on the game.

The call was illegal hit to the head. Apparently if your hit is hard enough to cause wiplash it is a head hit.

Thanks, it was certainly a blown call.

Credit Phaneuf for showing a pulse and trying to get the Team going.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
This game was so horrid I found half an unfinished beer beside the TV this morning

THE LEAFS ARE SO BAD THEY RUINED BEER

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
It's just a blow to the integrity of the game of hockey, but its not like this is the first time something like this has happened. The league has been becoming ********* for years now, in my opinion.

It seems anytime a player is laying on the ice hurt after a hit there has to be a call anymore.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
In retrospect, I'm glad that the team got hammered by a lesser opponent like Columbus. It will hopefully teach them that they can't expect to achieve a modicum of success if they continue to get outworked practically every game.

If the work ethic doesn't improve drastically, this stretch coming up in December is going to be an absolute blood bath.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
What a lazy bunch of heartless uninspired losers they have become. This beating is deserved and I hope they lose five more so you can all see them squirm. This team needs some benchings and bag skating practice until they consistently outwork and out shoot opponents.

This has gone far enough. If it wasn't for. Reimer/ Bernier this team is basement and would deserve to be. They should be embarrassed to look at themselves in the mirror.

Pathetic laziness.

He's completely right, They've played horrible all season except for a selective few. However I don't want them to lose the next five..

Agreed, I don't want them to lose, but this pathetic team needs a good kick in the ass and a losing streak

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Wow what a dirty hit by Phaneuf on Arsinov (sp?), that was 100% a headshot and I suspect the league will be calling him to the carpet. Hope he gets a few games for that, c'mon Dion I thought you were above that lowlife crap hits.

Lmao I have never seen a hater like you. Anisimov himself said it was a shoulder to shoulder legal hit. Gtfo u leaf hating pos

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Credit Phaneuf for showing a pulse and trying to get the Team going.

Maybe he should have shown a pulse when we actually had a chance to win . The hit was clean but why run a guy at that point in the game .

Kyle Doobas*

Because there wasn't a chance to? It's not like you just get to choose when there's a big open ice hit like that available.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Maybe he should have shown a pulse when we actually had a chance to win . The hit was clean but why run a guy at that point in the game .

Here's something I asked myself all night, maybe I missed it on a beer trip but, what the **** were the two goons they keep dressing doing this season? When was the last fight they've been in, and was there one last night?

What good are Orr and McLaren if they don't fight in a 6-0 loss? They can't play hockey at an NHL level, they're there to set a tone.... if they're not doing that, get them off the ****ing ice and dress an NHL calibre bottom liner like Holland, Ashton, Smith, Broll, etc,. ****ing ridiculous Carlyle and his god damn man crush on these two useless goons

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
This game is still making me sick to my stomach at lunch today.

This is the worst game I've seen them play in a long, long time. Way worse than any of those Boston blowouts. We just got massacred by one of the worst teams in the league, with all their best players missing. Absolutely embarassing and soulcrushing.

Reimer was pathetic and the rest of the team no better. The only players who weren't completely pathetic were Dion and Gunnar.

This better be a one-off, or else we're in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad