Speculation: Leafs are 16-4-3 leading up to the deadline.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Didn't Babcock say leafs need to show management that they are worthy them making a big trade.

Well they lived up to their end of the bargain.

It's up to the brass to give them a big piece now. Im not talking about a depth center or defender. That was happening regardless.

Reactions: Dzonna

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You mean we should not trade off all our vets and pack it in because we may have to face Boston who we are 3-1 against? If we were contenders we would have gone 22-0 and until we have a perfect team we need to assume playoff success is hopeless. Only quitters win the Cup.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Untouchables on Roster:
Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Kapanen, Rielly, Andy, Brown, Kadri, Dermott

High Price on Roster:
Hyman, Gardiner

Willing To Part With For Right Deal:
Bozak, Komarov, Zaitzev, Moore, Martin, Leivo (Requested), Polak, Hainsey

Untouchable Prospects:
Johnsson, Grundstrom, Liljegren

Rest are available for right price, with obvious differing values. I think Johnsson is too close and fills a need (Natty LW), ditto with Grundstrom. Liljegren also falls into that category - as we are in dire need of defense in the pipeline.

There are others I'd be uncomfortable with trading (Korshkov for example) but most of them are far away from the NHL so depending on what is on offer they'd be available.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I'm fine with them doing nothing. I've fallen victim to the big deadline or FA signing over hype too many times. The team is on fire right now, so I'm cool going into the playoffs with what we've seen.

Reactions: Conormcjesus

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
You mean we should not trade off all our vets and pack it in because we may have to face Boston who we are 3-1 against? If we were contenders we would have gone 22-0 and until we have a perfect team we need to assume playoff success is hopeless. Only quitters win the Cup.

16-4-3 record in the playoffs gets a cup

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
McDonagh or Ekman-Larsson please.

The Leafs need a top pairing defenceman and a 4th line center in order to be a true contender. They have the forward group and goaltender. Losing JVR this summer will create a hole up front so they should go for it with this group.

leafs rule 11

Jul 28, 2007
do you trade lily and other picks and prospects for McDonagh cause i dont wanna lose kapy and can reilly play on the right side or gardiner or even dermott cause somebody who is our core will have to..i want to know your guys opinion on if you would do it and who would play the right side as a lefty?

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
I want Tavares and him signed. I'm good with our depth on defence if we have three 1st lines.

nonikhanna

Feb 9, 2011
Maple Tree
If we move Nylander to center we can have 4 strong lines.
Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Kapanen-Nylander-Leivo
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Komarov
Heck we can even move JVR for help for defense and sub in Johnson or Martin.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If we move Nylander to center we can have 4 strong lines.
Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Kapanen-Nylander-Leivo
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Komarov
Heck we can even move JVR for help for defense and sub in Johnson or Martin.

That's a bit wacky dude. Flip Kap to his proper side on the right, put JVR up on the 2nd line and drop Leivo to the 4th and you might have something.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If the team is rolling why are we making a big move and potentially messing with the chemistry we've got?

Don't do anything stupid and shore up any depth issues we may have and let this group prove what they've got

Reactions: weems

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Didn't Babcock say leafs need to show management that they are worthy them making a big trade.

Well they lived up to their end of the bargain.

It's up to the brass to give them a big piece now. Im not talking about a depth center or defender. That was happening regardless.

Was thinking the same thing. Almost seems like it was right then that the Leafs started killing it. (Admittedly they've stolen a couple wins during that time as well.)

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess it depends on how "big trade" is defined and if the idea is a non-rental. I think things will align well enough that we do end up adding someone of value (a d-man is my guess, atm).

The Brassard trade was fairly noteworthy as we draw closer to the deadline. There are certainly bigger names out there apparently in play, but tough to say if most of them will end up moving.

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If the team is rolling why are we making a big move and potentially messing with the chemistry we've got?

Don't do anything stupid and shore up any depth issues we may have and let this group prove what they've got

Babcock has said they won’t do anything foolish. Hopefully that means no Glendening.

Reactions: Kiwi leafs fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad