Leafs All-Time Team Vote: First Line Centre

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Breaking News!

Hfboards votes Tom Clancy greatest novelist all time!

Charles Dickens leads old timers with 8 votes. Jane Austen follows closely with 7 votes.

Very cleverly sums up what we may all be a little guilty of from time to time :)

I guess in my mind it's the difficulty of comparing the original six accomplishments to expansion to the watered down post WHA inclusion period to big b-fly goalie ear and now the stats era. I just go with who affected me the most.

Like Lionel Conacher was likely the greatest Canadian athlete ever but doesn't get thought that way often because of how long ago it happened.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
K so if I get this right. We were talking about peak and Gilmour was about as good as Gretzky if not better for a short period (93 playoffs) but keon and apps peak were better just cause I don't know much about them....
Okay

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Keon accomplished a lot but it was when the league was only 6 teams, i don't think he wins the number of cups he got if the league had expanded earlier.

Having fewer teams would have made the league tougher to play in during Keon's era.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
On this all-time team, are you taking the best player based on the era they played in or the best player period? The game has greatly changed. Goalies didn't wear masks.... That would be a death sentence today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad