Leafs All-Time Team Vote: #1 Goalie

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
With the Leafs Centennial Season coming up, I think it'd be interesting to see who Leafs fans would vote for when creating an All-Time team. After 100 years and 1000's of players, many greats have donned the blue and white and represented the city of Toronto. Who makes the cut and who doesn't when it comes to creating a team of the greatest Leafs ever?

Rules:

1. Players must have played a minimum of three seasons for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

2. Players must be voted on for their respective positions, so the polls will only feature players in their natural positions (defensemen exempt, fretting over left D vs right D is a bit much).

3. Consider what these players did in their time as Leafs. The rest of their career doesn't matter.

Current options for Leafs All-Time #1G:

Ed Belfour

Johnny Bower

Turk Broda

George Hainsworth

Curtis Joseph

Harry Lumley

Mike Palmateer

Félix Potvin

Terry Sawchuk

(If you have any player suggestions, just let me know in a post)

Current All-Time Roster:

(#1LW)-Sundin-(#1RW)
(#2LW)-(#2C)-(#2RW)
(#3LW)-(#3C)-(#3RW)
(#4LW)-(#4C)-(#4RW)

Salming-(#2D)
(#3D)-(#4D)
(#5D)-(#6D)

(#1G)
(#2G)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Gotta be the record holder for single season wins as a Leaf. Andrew Raycroft :sarcasm:

Seriously how does he hold that record? :laugh:

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Broda hands down for me. Then Bower. As Nith mentioned Sawchuk was only with the club a couple of years and made a difference in the 67 cup run.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Cujo is my favorite Leafs goalie ever, but gotta go with Johnny B.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
one_broda01.jpg

Playoff monster, most cups in TML history, most wins.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Now to be fair to the posters who voted Belfour or CuJo, if you want to go solely on win% Belfour and CuJo are #1 and #3 respectively in win% for Leafs goalies. But seriously I will be extremely surprised to see anyone beat Broda's win total for the Leafs at 302, or play as well as Bower did for as long as he did. For me it's Broda, based solely on the fact that it will probably be atleast another 100 years before he is past in wins or cup rings.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Sawchuk played most of his career with Detroit, but in the time he was here he was almost unbeatable.......

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Broda was better than Bower and both disagree with Sundin being their first-line center! ;-)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad