Friedman: Leafs "All in" for best forward they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
He's exactly the type of player you want in the playoffs. Chip in points, physical and shows up every game.

He doesn’t exactly light the lamp in the playoffs

And I could give you that same exact description for someone like Taylor Hall

I just can’t see Foligno being worth the price.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Seeing Tampa, Colorado and Florida adding real pieces and paying the price to bring a cup to their fans.
Toronto adds an injured 4th liner because their fans think draft picks and prospects are more important than a cup.

Ridiculous conclusion given the trade deadline isn't until Monday.
And what fans think prospects are more important than winning the Cup?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
He doesn’t exactly light the lamp in the playoffs

And I could give you that same exact description for someone like Taylor Hall

I just can’t see Foligno being worth the price.
What do you think he will cost because I don't think he would cost as much as Savard did

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
What do you think he will cost because I don't think he would cost as much as Savard did

No idea what their ask is, but just basing on the Savard overpay. Wouldn’t give up any top 7 prospect, 1sts or even Kerfoot to get him.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Question for leafs fans (My girlfriend wants to ask because she's a leafs fan and me a habs fan)

Who do you think Toronto will most likely Target because the signs are there they are gonna acquire an important piece in my opinion
thanks.
must be tough

Foligno is an obvious option. Maybe Taylor Hall. Nobody really knows what Dubas has up his sleeve

Reactions: unitedstars87

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Question for leafs fans (My girlfriend wants to ask because she's a leafs fan and me a habs fan)

Who do you think Toronto will most likely Target because the signs are there they are gonna acquire an important piece in my opinion
thanks.

Well, some people believe it's foligno. some believe it's hall. there's a chance it's for granlund, too.... which was assumed to be a Leaf at one point in the season.

Truth is, Dubas operates in the dark a lot of the time so it'd be anyones guess.

Reactions: banks

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
This is now a Taylor Hall to the Leafs Thread

OR

This is now a under rate the Leafs prospects thread
Taylor Hall should only be in contention if you want to win the lottery pick. You can't win the lottery pick by trading your first round pick this year for him. It defeats the purpose of acquiring him kek.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
I don't want theeafs to get Hall, but it's looking like that might be the way things end up. If they just wanted Granlund or Foligno it should have happened by now.

Hall is a tougher trade to do, and you might need some other moves to set the market first. The longer it goes without a big splash from Toronto, the more I think they land Hall.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I'm thinking Mike Hoffman
I don’t see that happening. He isn’t good defensively and there are questions about his character fair or not.
One of the things Fredman has talked about is how Toronto likes the way their dressing room is this season and how they won’t bring in anyone who would be bad for the culture.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Rakell + Manson

Screw cap space. We'll figure it out

Not saying it would be cheap or worth it for Toronto to make a deal like this, but Rakell and Manson at 50% each would be a total of under $4 mil... and both are looking like their former selves (in Manson's case, not the outlier offensive season but the reliable and physical defensive d-man). I don't know what the Leafs would offer the Ducks that would make it worth it. Lil would of interest I assume (if he projects as a second pair RHD), but outside of that the only thing the Ducks are missing is top line/elite talent.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Not saying it would be cheap or worth it for Toronto to make a deal like this, but Rakell and Manson at 50% each would be a total of under $4 mil... and both are looking like their former selves (in Manson's case, not the outlier offensive season but the reliable and physical defensive d-man). I don't know what the Leafs would offer the Ducks that would make it worth it. Lil would of interest I assume (if he projects as a second pair RHD), but outside of that the only thing the Ducks are missing is top line/elite talent.
Depends if "all in" is actually in the cards.
Trying not to be biased but the Leafs have stockpiled pretty good assets for this very reason.

Sandin
Liljgren
Robertson
Amirov

Should be enticing prospects.
I know Leaf fans are worried about the ED, shortened year, and obviously the HF mentality of keeping prospects/picks - but if Dubas feels ready ( first in the league what more do you want), might be time.

Reactions: lwvs84

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013

The cost for both Rakell + Manson, retained, would be astronomical, especially considering Anaheim would have to retain 1.9 million on Rakell next year as well.

After watching what Savard went for today, would you be shocked if Anaheim asked for something like this?

To Toronto
Rickard Rakell (Retained)
Josh Manson (Retained)

To Anaheim
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
2021 2nd round pick
2022 1st round pick

Truthfully, they might want even more if we're being intellectually honest with ourselves.

Reactions: lwvs84

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Seeing Tampa, Colorado and Florida adding real pieces and paying the price to bring a cup to their fans.
Toronto adds an injured 4th liner because their fans think draft picks and prospects are more important than a cup.
Man, its overwhelming what those teams added. So many stars. You're bad at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad