Post-Game Talk: Leafs 5:2 Flyers! Feels good, man!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I think it can be argued that Philadelphia is slumping right now and they are a lot better then how they are currently playing.

I don't really see it.

Their goalie is solid.

Their defense is just weak. They don't have any legit top-pair guys since Old Timonen has lost a step or three, and have zero puck-moving ability from the backend. They don't really make up with it with great defense, either. None of their dmen is fantastic defensively.

Their forwards are good this year, but nowhere near as deep as they were last year. Giroux/Hartnell/Briere is a good but not great group of 1st liners, Read/Voracek/Simmonds is a good but not great group of 2nd liners, and while Schenn and Couturier have some upside, neither have shown much in the way of providing good depth offense (or even good defense) so far.

I see Philly as a bubble team this year, not a contender.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Would anyone happen to know where you would find a Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team hat like the one Fraser wore in his post-game interview?

I've been wanting one of these for a couple of years now.

Came up earlier this year I think... Its a hat from the Intercounty Baseball team The Toronto Maple Leafs.

For sure you can go down to Christie Pitts and pick one up during the Summer. I'm not sure if you can get one online anywhere...

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Or he could play #1 LW, or #2 LW/RW?

Just a thought... you know cause a 70pt winger is a pretty good boost to a team thats off to an 8-5 start.

My favourite part about "these" member of Leaf Nation:

"WE NEED MORE TALENT AND TOP LINE PLAYERS"

Player returns from injury:

"WE HAVE TOO MANY TOP LINE PLAYERS, TRADE ONE!"

Ease up , you said there would be a hole, all i did was point out, that might not be the case. Thats it, thats all.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would anyone happen to know where you would find a Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team hat like the one Fraser wore in his post-game interview?

I've been wanting one of these for a couple of years now.

qYCQA0g.png

I think Imlach used to wear one back in the day too.

That looks like the Intercounty League Baseball team hat.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Leafs Nation, always good for a laugh.

Yes let's trade our 4-time 30 goal scorer that may or may not result in servicable prospects.

I would only trade Kessel under one circumstance, he doesn't want to come back. If Nonis is 100% sure he will lose Kessel then we must deal him. With that said, it doesn't appear that Kessel wants to leave.

As for the media and constant ragging on the Leafs, I honestly believe that the Leafs could be back-to-back Cup champs and the Toronto media would still find a way to spin that in a negative fashion.

paradeofwolves

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto
Came up earlier this year I think... Its a hat from the Intercounty Baseball team The Toronto Maple Leafs.

For sure you can go down to Christie Pitts and pick one up during the Summer. I'm not sure if you can get one online anywhere...

Cool, thanks for the info.

That looks like the Intercounty League Baseball team hat.

Yeah, I know it's the semi-pro team. I just didn't know if their hats were available online to purchase or something. I would love that to be the case. Been wanting one of those beauties for a while.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs Nation, always good for a laugh.

Yes let's trade our 4-time 30 goal scorer that may or may not result in servicable prospects.

I would only trade Kessel under one circumstance, he doesn't want to come back. If Nonis is 100% sure he will lose Kessel then we must deal him. With that said, it doesn't appear that Kessel wants to leave.

As for the media and constant ragging on the Leafs, I honestly believe that the Leafs could be back-to-back Cup champs and the Toronto media would still find a way to spin that in a negative fashion.

It's not "Leaf Nation" just a few who like to stir things up. No one is really even sure if their fans or not, I doubt it.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Ease up , you said there would be a hole, all i did was point out, that might not be the case. Thats it, thats all.

Haha sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude... or even lumping you in on a generalization.

But Lupul should be looked at as an addition at this point, that would make our team that much better.

If JVR-Bozak-Kessel continue to click... I could see him fitting real nicely on a line with Frattin and Kadri.... Imagine what Lupes could add to our lineup.

JVR-Bozak-Kessel
Frattin-Kadri-Lupul
Kulemin-Grabo-Komarov

Thats 3 well balanced lines, with the 3rd being primarily a checking line that can provide offence. As many have said here... MacA seems to be the most expendable piece at this point, as he isn't logging PK or PP time. Certainly we dont need to change anything now, or make any premature moves... but he could net us a decent package centred around either a mid-late first or a good prospect... which if you are looking to "build" is a far better move than trading Kessel as some have suggested.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs are really on a role at the moment, playing sound hockey and confidence is high throughout.

Flyers are a good, big physical team and Leafs more than matched up in this battle, often dictating the play.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Cool, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I know it's the semi-pro team. I just didn't know if their hats were available online to purchase or something. I would love that to be the case. Been wanting one of those beauties for a while.

NP. And likewise... if anyone out there knows how to get these online please post!

LeafsBro

34 I 91 I 16
Oct 18, 2011
Barrie, Ontario
It's not "Leaf Nation" just a few who like to stir things up. No one is really even sure if their fans or not, I doubt it.

That's the thing, people always assume that one group of people represent the whole fanbase. But a lot only show up when the teams losing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Censored23

May 20, 2011
Leafs are really on a role at the moment, playing sound hockey and confidence is high throughout.

Flyers are a good, big physical team and Leafs more than matched up in this battle, often dictating the play.

The Flyers are a mess this year. Giroux has crapped the bed so far this season, Timmonen is showing his age and is a few steps behind everyone, Pronger's brain is a bunch of mushy goo and his career is over.

The real test will be this Thursday against Carolina. In case you're wondering, the last time the Leafs lost, it was against the Canes. So, this could go one of two ways...either its payback for the loss, or we make Ward look like a super-duper elite goalie again completely mail it in. Personally, i am hoping for the former. :yo:

darty

Dec 1, 2008
That's the thing, people always assume that one group of people represent the whole fanbase. But a lot only show up when the teams losing.

Basically the main NHL board summed up in one line. It's just a tidal wave of broad generalizations day in, day out.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Throwing it out again because I have to:

Next game's GDT is still open for anyone who wants to do a reasonable job with it.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

I feel like this was very hard for you to type, but it's great seeing you could do it. Welcome back!... for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad