Post-Game Talk: Leafs 3 Jets 2. Pavelec fails again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost88*

I wonder what if feels like to actually have confidence in your goaltending... I seriously can't even remember anymore.

There isn't a game where I think "Hey, maybe Pavs won't give up 3-5 goals tonight". I mean, what the hell is that? Surely it's not normal to feel this way.

Shootouts are a complete write-off as well, dude can't stop a beach-ball.

Pav isn't the only problem... but some games you need your goaltender to bail you out and take over a game. Pavelec just can't do that.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
choke.jpg

chancemc

Oct 2, 2011
power play sucks
penalty kills worse
cant hold a lead
cant win on road
pavelec hasnt made 2 bigs saves all year
terrible coaching evidently

gonna be a long year unless we shake it up. i think we need too fire noel this team should be better than this

White Out 403*

Honeymoon is over with me and the Jets. Pavelec is making it really hard to love this team. He's such a god damn loser. We basically out play the Leafs and out chance them and he found a way to cough it up. The offence stinked, the defence was a mess, and Pavelec, once again, is MIA.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Does anyone have stats on what percentage of all goals are scored high on the glove side on Pavalec? It has to be >55% I'm thinking. All of them went there tonight.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Blaming this on Pavelec is absolutely incorrect. No one is stopping that Kessel shot.

Forwards are not good enough. That penalty on Poni was garbage but them sitting on their heels the minute they took the lead was inexusable.

I'm calling out pretty much every scoring forward on this team right now.

Puckschmuck*

So apparently this is the game where some fans will decide to jump ship? Really? Who are you going to cheer for? The Loafs?

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Leafs fan, coming in peace. I thought the Jets played well, Leafs were just oppurtunistic. Not sure why there's so much blame being thrown at Pavelec. He didn't really make any big saves, that I can agree with, but none of the Leaf goals were softies either. Anyway, I gotta salute the MTS Center crowd. Wish the fans at the ACC would learn a thing or two from you guys. Good luck the rest of the way.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
It would be nice to beat a fellow Canadian club every couple of tries. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Pavelec wasn't even the issue tonight.

The issue is our goal scorers were Grant Clitsome and Zach Redmond.

Does no one see a problem with this.. The **** are our forwards doing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I hate sports.

Man. We get the lead in the third and IMMEDIATELY become unable to handle the puck in our own end. Our strategy suddenly becomes "take random little pokes at the puck and hope it barely trickles across the blue line." Holeee crap.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
No idea how you can put this one on Pavelec. He was more confident, moving better, out challenging, playing with more confidence than has been seen all season.

Jets sat back in the 3rd and paid for it. It's that simple.

ghost88*

No one's jumping ship, but fans are right to be pissed off after tonight's performance.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pavelec wasn't even the issue tonight.

The issue is our goal scorers were Grant Clitsome and Zach Redmond.

Does no one see a problem with this.. The **** are our forwards doing.

engblom just said 42% of the O coming from the backend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad