Proposal: Leafing On A Jet Plaine: TOR + WIN + L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Leafs out: Matthews
Leafs in: Byfield, Kaliyev, Carter

Jets out: Laine
Jets in: Turcotte, Bjornfot

Kings out: Byfield, Turcotte, Kaliyev, Carter, Bjornfot
Kings in: Matthews, Laine

Toronto get a young C with all-star potential to replace Matthews, plus a young offensive winger with upside. Included for financial reasons, Carter gives them a versatile veteran forward. With the available cap space, Toronto could target a winger like Hoffman to help offset the offense lost by dealing Matthews

Winnipeg add a young C with upside, plus a solid young LD prospect

Los Angeles reloads around Matthews and Laine

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Toronto get a young C with all-star potential to replace Matthews, plus a young offensive winger with upside. Included for financial reasons, Carter gives them a versatile veteran forward. With the available cap space, Toronto could target a winger like Hoffman to help offset the offense lost by dealing Matthews

So Toronto gets Byfield and hopes he becomes what Matthews is

Reactions: Hitemwith4

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
I look forward to tomorrow's proposal where the Kings get Makar and Hughes for table scraps.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto

Whatever you're smoking-- I want some!

Beats me why the Leafs as would even think of thinking of doing this.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I tell you what, throw in Kupari, Thomas and Grans as well, and maybe the Leafs consider... LOL...

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Is it just me, or am i the only one that think that Matthews and Laine wouldn't compliment each other very well?

Reactions: Rorschach

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012

Please stop r@ping the L.A. Kings.

Thanks!!!

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Hang on, LA somehow gets Matthews and Laine here?? :huh:
I like the title though. (perhaps should switch LA for Colorado with John Denver)

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
LA make out like bandits. Matthews would garner a literal Kings Ransome, and this ain't it, nor close .

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I know many won't agree because all they see are big names, but this is bad for the Kings as well. It destroys the prospect pool, adds one massive contract, and another soon to be massive contract on top of the Kings already paying Kopitar and Doughty top dollar. Kopitar, Matthews, Doughty, and Laine would be over 40 million combined in cap hit with Laine getting a new deal, and Laine and his agent would have all the leverage in the world. The Kings are getting the better players here, but it makes zero sense from a cap perspective, and leaves little to fill out a roster surrounding the big names they traded for since they just traded all their top prospects.

This is a trade you make in NHL 20 with the salary cap turned off, not one you do in reality

Last edited:

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

There is zero chance Matthews leaves Toronto unless he wants to. Zero... theree really isn't a package out there that would even have dubas listening . This kid is a superstar , has the best shot in the game and will probably lead the league in goals next season amd is a C. Maybe try your proposal for mcdavid ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad