LEAF ALUMNI

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Are there any Leaf Alumni you identify most with? How about our players. Which Leaf Alumni do you think they identify with? Could former Alumni play a role in team success?

Fans often identify with Leaf Alumni who had a significant impact during their playing days with the team. Iconic players like Mats Sundin, Doug Gilmour, and Darryl Sittler are remembered fondly by Leafs Nation, and fans may see themselves in these players' dedication, passion, and love for the game.

On the other hand, current players on the Toronto Maple Leafs roster may look up to and identify with certain Leaf Alumni as role models or sources of inspiration. Younger players may draw inspiration from the work ethic and leadership of former Leafs captains like Wendel Clark or George Armstrong.

Former Alumni can indeed play a role in team success, even after their playing days are over. Many teams, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, often involve former players in various capacities, such as ambassadors, mentors, or even coaching roles. These Alumni can bring a wealth of experience, insights, and a deep connection to the team's history, which can be valuable in fostering team cohesion and success. Additionally, their presence can inspire and motivate current players to uphold the proud traditions of the franchise.

In summary, while I don't have personal identifications, Leaf Alumni can have a meaningful influence on both fans and current players, contributing to the team's success in various ways, both on and off the ice.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Around the NHL, especially in the States, I noticed many teams employ former players in various capacities. Often times guys that were drafted and played their entire career for the same club. I've seen similar in Montreal and Ottawa.
Here in Toronto it has been a long time since a former leaf came back with the big club in any capacity. Sure Names like Gilmor, Sudin, Salming, Sittler, Gary Roberts, come to mind, but other than cameo appearances none have coached or managed or had media roles in this city. I am not knocking any of these guys. Is it possible this franchise is no longer loved by these players. I feel that most would feel proud to wear the Leaf on their sleeves. Is it MLSE? Is it just business?
I would love to see Sundin, or Gilmor behind the bench. Neither were drafted here, but both were great leaders, who had alot of playoff success. No cup, but success just the same.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I look like a cross between Mats Sundin and Wade Belak so I think I'm going with them. Hopefully that gives me a 50-50 chance of survival. (too soon?)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There is Alumni everywhere at the SBA. So many that they have to take turns to sit in the Alumni box on game day.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad